Prisco's top 50 NFL players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Prisco's top 50 NFL players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:25 pm

Donnie Edwards is top 50. He's always in the right place at the right time, always making a big play. You can't teach that.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:45 pm

Vick 4 Mayor wrote:i don't see how vick isn't in the top 5, if not #1. look at the falcons 2 seasons ago. they absolutely sucked when vick was out. vick comes back and they win 3 out of their 4 final games (think they had 5 wins that whole year), and their only loss was to indy when dan reeves was replaced in the middle of the week. just look at the falcons' record with vick and without him, do you think that the seahawks would go from playoff team to arguably the worst team without walter jones in their lineup? what about the vikings without culpepper? or the eagles without TO? the ravens without ed reed? broncos without champ? patriots without seymout? colts without marvin harrison? all of those teams would be mediocre at worst.

They win in spite of Vick. Look, the ESPN analysts spent a week just trying to justify putting Vick in the Pro Bowl, because he put up Quincy Carter type numbers this year. Yeah, he's fun to watch, but he doesn't do his job. He has arm strength, but no accuracy. He holds the ball away from his body in one hand when scrambling, making him prone to fumbling. Any high school QB should know enough to protect the ball, but a 4 year vet like Vick doesn't.

Not only that, but by doing this, he doesn't threaten run or pass when scrambling, making the job easier on the defense. Defenders hesitate and use caution against McNabb because he has himself prepared to throw even when stepping across the line of scrimmage, defenders loosen coverage on Randy Moss when they see Culpepper tuck the ball even if he's 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage, but Vick does neither and doesn't even protect the ball when scrambling.

I could post yet again statistical information showing how A) the Falcons defense collapsed in 2003, and B) that defensive collapses are in no way correlated to QB injuries, but I doubt given your screen name it'd have a chance of changing your opinion. So, make no mistake, Vick is not the sole factor for the difference of 04 and 03.

Vick's major problem is that he can beat poor defenses, but good defenses can beat him. It's simple, force him to throw. That's how any team beats Michael Vick, and it will kill Atlanta in the playoffs until he learns to throw or gets benched.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:15 pm

Prisco really has not impressed me with his picks in mocks either. I just posted the latest CBS expert one, and he made several questionable picks in my opinion.

So I guess the guy is a cutting edge genious, or well not the sharpest knife in the drawer...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:36 pm

maddog60 wrote:Vick's major problem is that he can beat poor defenses, but good defenses can beat him. It's simple, force him to throw. That's how any team beats Michael Vick, and it will kill Atlanta in the playoffs until he learns to throw or gets benched.

exactly. prime example is what the eagles defense did to him in the playoffs this year. he looked absolutlely horrible. if he is forced to throw, the falcons are in trouble.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:24 am

yea, vick is NOT number one. I don't understand how prisco puts culpepper over mcnabb, unless this is purely statistical, as mcnabb has acheived more with his team than culpepper, and for the first part of this eagles run, donovan was the only thing going for that eagles offense. but that is just academic, and I don't particularlarly care. donovan, peyton, brady, culpepper are clearly the head of the class. and all have different things going for them in different amounts. I would say cpepp's to's have been a problem.

But vick? gimmie a break, they have basically one good season, one bad season and an ok season where they made the playoffs, and he is a god? He is pretty darn bad at his actual job, which is to throw the ball.

He got owned in the two playoff games against the eagles. And he will continue to get owened until he can throw the ball.

Do the falcons really think they are going to outsmart the vikings or the eagles coaching staffs with a running qb? Both defenses have the benefit of playing against ones that are better than he is in practice everyday. Both teams have coaches that have similar ideas about the qb position and have multitalented qb's themselves. I am pretty sure that the vikes and eagles have a good idea on how to shut down a mobile qb, as they have to think like that on a regular basis to prevent it from happening to them.

Simple fact is, the vikes and eagles have more mature mobile qb's that also have better teams, and more mature teams. Until vick takes a leap, he ain't even number one in the nfc, let alone the league. for any of the teams in question, vikes, eagles, colts, pats -- ticket sales are hardly a problem. given that, think any of those teams would trade their qb for vick? no.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:29 am

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:As I have said before, Pete Prisco is an idiot. :-P

How is Clinton Portis the 2nd best RB in football? :-?

AND, where is Kevin Mawae?

yes he is, and he was horrible in the mock draft he did that is just below
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:37 pm

Not a single Cowboy on the list. Look at the shock on my face. 8-o
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager