Jimi Hendrix's home to be demolished - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Jimi Hendrix's home to be demolished

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jimi Hendrix's home to be demolished

Postby SeaWolf » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:49 pm

Saw this on the news. Need to login to read so I'll copy.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories ... 2e548.html

The owner of a run-down home where Jimi Hendrix once lived plans to move it to suburban Renton, across from the cemetery where the rock legend is buried.

The owners have until Friday to provide completed plans for moving the house; otherwise, Seattle officials say they will demolish it.

The house was moved a few blocks three years ago to make way for a housing development. Its current location in the Central District, a vacant lot on South Jackson Street, was provided by the city to give the building's supporters time to find a new location for it or to buy the lot and fix up the home there.

The James Marshall Hendrix Foundation wants to turn the home into a music-oriented youth center. Hendrix's father, Al Hendrix, owned it from 1953 to 1956.

The city has given repeated warnings and deadlines to the owners of the house, who were originally supposed to move the house in February.

"Seattle has given the owners of this house 3 1/2 years to take care of this. We've worked with them, we've given them a place to store the house. They need to find a permanent solution," said Seattle spokeswoman Katherine Schubert-Knapp.

On Wednesday, co-owner Henry Lewis surveyed the property. He said city hasn't cooperated with the owners of the home.

"One thing that they had said earlier is that if we didn't move the house they were going to bulldoze it and charge us $30,000 to bulldoze the house ... what's fair about that," said Lewis.

John Franklin, director of departmental operations for the mayor's office, said the city doesn't have other plans for the property at the moment.
Last edited by SeaWolf on Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Thu Jun 09, 2005 5:57 am

i had heard about this before, total bummer.

btw, its jimi hendrix not hendricks
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:30 am

#1 Jimi's not using it anymore
#2 How do you own a house and not the property, is it a double wide?
#3 they have no plans for the property but they want the house removed, Something's fishy
#4 I don't really care, but i love Hendrix's music, I listen and can hear Jimi.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:22 am

myintrotoletyouknow wrote:ibtw, its jimi hendrix not hendricks

Thanks! :-/

I'm not a fan of that type of music, but I thought that some people would be interested in this.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:29 am

SeaWolf wrote:

I'm not a fan of that type of music, but I thought that some people would be interested in this.

You aren't a fan of rock and some of the best guitaring ever? Do you listen to baroque or something? :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:59 am

34=Sweetness wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

You aren't a fan of rock and some of the best guitaring ever? Do you listen to baroque or something? :-D

No I'm not a rick and roll type of person. Some of it is OK, but most of it, IMO, is garbage. :-P

Went to the EMP (Experience Music Project) for the first time over Memorial Weekend. I was bored out of my mind. Now the SciFi Museum next door.... ;-D
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:15 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:

No I'm not a rick and roll type of person. Some of it is OK, but most of it, IMO, is garbage. :-P

Went to the EMP (Experience Music Project) for the first time over Memorial Weekend. I was bored out of my mind. Now the SciFi Museum next door.... ;-D

Now it is. But back in the day, Hendrix, Stones, the Doors, etc. What music do you like?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:11 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:No I'm not a rock and roll type of person. Some of it is OK, but most of it, IMO, is garbage. :-P

Now it is. But back in the day, Hendrix, Stones, the Doors, etc. What music do you like?

I like the 80's and 90's hip hop type of music (C+C Music Factory, Paula Abdul). I like some country (Twain and Keith).
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Flockers » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:37 pm

If you think Hendrix is crap, you're messed up on the head.

I'm searching for the Woodstock clip of him playing the National Anthem with his teeth. Absolutely insane.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:12 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:No I'm not a rock and roll type of person. Some of it is OK, but most of it, IMO, is garbage. :-P

I like the 80's and 90's hip hop type of music (C+C Music Factory, Paula Abdul). I like some country (Twain and Keith).

Mother of Christ....

I certainly hope you're kidding....

You did NOT just say you like C and C Music Factory over Jimi Hendrix, did you? :-t

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk