Has anyone use Yahoo PLUS for their leagues??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Has anyone use Yahoo PLUS for their leagues???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Has anyone use Yahoo PLUS for their leagues???

Postby AHill84006 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:31 pm

Have any of you guys used the Yahoo PLUS site for your leagues? Is it worth the money compared to the free version? I see where Yahoo has updated their free site with some new things, but I was onering about the PLUS league, and if it was worth the money.

ANy help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks
AHill84006
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:34 pm

I just use the free leagues and then buy StatTracker. Just curious, what do you even get with plus leagues? Cheat sheets? Am I going to pay $30 or whatever it costs for cheet sheats? No thanks, I'll use the free ones here.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Flux » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:27 pm

I think plus is only like $2 more than 'tracker
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Spaghetti Strap » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:48 pm

I ran a PLUS league last year (in addition to maxing out on free leagues).

A couple cool options that make life easier on commissioners:

- Ability to place all available players on waivers Sunday through Tuesday (avoiding the Sunday free-for-all). I got tired of locking/unlocking everyone on game days.

- You can edit the point total for any team on any given week of the season. Doesn't seem like much, but seems like once a season (at least) something happens to necessitate changing someone's score manually.

- Division play.

- Let's see -- you can also do bonus points for in-game milestones like 100 yards rush/rec., 300 yards passing, whatever. Might be kinda a niche thing but a cool option if your league likes it.

And of course there is StatTracker. Everyone is probably going to buy it anyway, so if you add that up x 10, 12 teams, the extra features are probably worth it for the few extra bucks.

Checking out their help site, looks like the remaining features are research/data related.
Spaghetti Strap
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby socceryank » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:05 pm

I am the commish for our league, and used Plus last year. It worked really well for us. The bonus categories, divisional set-up and StatTracker were all that I tended to use. However, if the majority of the league is going to buy StatTracker anyway, it is definitely worth it.
socceryank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk