Wiggins BEWARE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wiggins BEWARE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Wiggins BEWARE

Postby Bennett4prez » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:42 pm

People, people, people. STOP DRAFTING JERMAINE WIGGINS! Everyone is head-over-heels for this guy, but he isn't even the Vikings' #1 tight end next season! Jim Kleinsasser suffered from a knee injury last season and missed the season. Kleinsasser is a beast and better run-blocker, so he will see even more than his fair share of snaps. PLEASE, stop drafting Wiggins. He will not be worth your time!

(Sorry, I just read another article on a web site that had Jimmy as their "Sleeper TE". It drove me insane.)
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:44 pm

Wiggins got comparable numbers to Alge Crumpler last year and got signed to a 5-year deal. The writing is on the wall, he's the Minny TE this year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mustangs989 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:44 pm

I was pretty sure I heard that Kleinsasser would be playing FB due to Wiggins success at TE this year. I've stayed away from Wiggins anyway but I still thought he was the starter.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flockers » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:49 pm

I wouldn't touch Wiggins. The Vikes have so many recievers and tailbacks that can catch the ball, I dont see Wiggins getting more than 300 yards and 2 touchdowns at the most.

You all can laugh at me when he goes for 850 and 10 though.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:54 pm

if i was going to draft one of the 2 id take wiggins, but the vikes do run a lot of packages with 2 TE sets...so im sure both will get action. i agree though...it is risky.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:21 pm

I can see Kleinsasser as the fullback or possibly H-back. He could get in the way a bit, but not too much to make a difference.

Here is why Wiggins is a good pick-

Im not sure if you guys remember but he had his best weeks when Randy Moss was hurt. Now, what was their offense like when he was hurt? Short, outlet passes and lots of play action. Now that he is out of the picture altogether, I expect their offense to be more of the same. How many times did Vikes wideouts go deep, not get open and force Culpepper to scramble and dump it off to Wiggins? Quite often from what I saw.

Now, thats just a theory. Maybe Williamson is going to be an uber stud and be the big play man Randy was, but I wouldnt count on it.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:07 am

maddog60 wrote:Wiggins got comparable numbers to Alge Crumpler last year and got signed to a 5-year deal. The writing is on the wall, he's the Minny TE this year.

Wiggins deal: 5 years for ~7.5 million

Kleinsasser: 5 years for ~14.5 million

Make of it what you will.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Santacruzer » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:49 am

The simple fact of it all is Wiggins had a great year...BUT, he didn't do it with Kleinsasser in the lineup. Even if Wiggins has taken the #1 TE spot from Jimmy, Jimmy will AT LEAST play sometimes. Do you like RBBC's? Why go goo-goo for a TEBC? IF you could talk your commish into playing "team TE", sure, Minnesota TEs ae high up there, but not as individuals.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:23 am

Even with Jimmy back, Moss is gone. Lets face it, the prime fantasy problem for Minn. TEs has been TDs. Because in the redzone, does Daunte throw a jump ball to Moss, or try to beat coverage on a TE. Its a simple trend, you go to Moss. Now, Wiggins will see a lot more looks in the red zone, hence score more TDs.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Santacruzer » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:13 am

maddog60 wrote:Even with Jimmy back, Moss is gone. Lets face it, the prime fantasy problem for Minn. TEs has been TDs. Because in the redzone, does Daunte throw a jump ball to Moss, or try to beat coverage on a TE. Its a simple trend, you go to Moss. Now, Wiggins will see a lot more looks in the red zone, hence score more TDs.

Go ahead and draft him if you want......

I will even be taking Chris Cooley before I touch this TEBC.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk