Wiggins BEWARE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Wiggins BEWARE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby King_Portis » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:24 am

Kleinsasser is going to be used in these 3 roles...Fullback, H-back and at tightend. Tice will keep this guy on the field as much as possible do to his versatility. Wiggins numbers will not be as good as last year as Jimmy will be taking time away from him. However I do expect Wiggins to have decent numbers. Lets not get too excited. Travis Taylor will bust out this year and get most of Moss' numbers as long as he stays healthy. C-pepp will turn Taylor into an all-pro, IMO.
King_Portis
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Sit back and enjoy as I make my way into the record books in 2005.

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:51 am

If he's there at the right time, I'm taking him. I think he has talent, and Culpepper seems to like him as a nice safety valve. He gets consistent yards in a high-powered offense. It may decline without Moss, but I think they'll be OK.

I don't draft TE's high anyway, so if he doesn't pan out, I'll just find someone else. :-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:57 am

King_Portis wrote:Kleinsasser is going to be used in these 3 roles...Fullback, H-back and at tightend. Tice will keep this guy on the field as much as possible do to his versatility.

So basically he'll be reinjured by week 3 - is that what Tice's plan is? }:-)
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:59 am

The guy got 71 catches last year. The Vikes could go with a lot of 2 TE sets. Kleinsasser is a much better blocker so he should be on the field more than Wiggins but Wiggins seems to be the better receiver.

Still the guy averaged under 10 yds per reception and a TD every 18 receptions. That does not sound promising for a guy expected to get fewer looks this season.

IMO he's in the top 20 but just barely.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:01 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
King_Portis wrote:Kleinsasser is going to be used in these 3 roles...Fullback, H-back and at tightend. Tice will keep this guy on the field as much as possible do to his versatility.

So basically he'll be reinjured by week 3 - is that what Tice's plan is? }:-)

Isn't it contradictory to use "Tice", and "Plan" in the same sentence? I have read reports that say Kleinsasser is the man, that Wiggins is the man, and that they will be running 2 TE sets. That pretty much covers everything doesn't it? It's the Minnesota wayto try and confuse the living hell out of everyone, including themselves, so either way, don't spend a pick that could be used somewhere else on anybody except C-Pep, and maybe Burleson.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:04 am

Sixxgunn wrote:don't spend a pick that could be used somewhere else on anybody except C-Pep, and maybe Burleson.

Nah - Neither Burleson or Cpepp will be on any of my teams - overrated. But, I do like a cheap Bennett and I love MRob as a #5 WR very late. I could see drafting Wiggins in the last couple rds - he's in the same tier as half a dozen other TEs.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:20 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:don't spend a pick that could be used somewhere else on anybody except C-Pep, and maybe Burleson.

Nah - Neither Burleson or Cpepp will be on any of my teams - overrated. But, I do like a cheap Bennett and I love MRob as a #5 WR very late. I could see drafting Wiggins in the last couple rds - he's in the same tier as half a dozen other TEs.

Oh, I'm not saying draft either too high, but if the ideal situation arises then these are the only "safe" bets on the Vikes, if there even is such a thing.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:09 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

Wherein lies the problem! Wiggins hasn't been available and the end of the draft to even take a flyer on. Fantasy teams are taking him right after ALGE CRUMPLER because he posted numbers similar to Alge last season. That's what doesn't make any sense to me...
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:32 am

Bennett4prez wrote:Wherein lies the problem! Wiggins hasn't been available and the end of the draft to even take a flyer on. Fantasy teams are taking him right after ALGE CRUMPLER because he posted numbers similar to Alge last season. That's what doesn't make any sense to me...

Actually if you look at the numbers on Antsports since the beginning of May:

1. Tony Gonzalez TE KCC 3.09
2. Antonio Gates TE SDC 3.10
3. Todd Heap TE BAL 5.12
4. Jason Witten TE DAL 6.01
5. Alge Crumpler TE ATL 6.04
6. Jeremy Shockey TE NYG 6.12
7. Dallas Clark TE IND 8.01
8. Randy McMichael TE MIA 8.06
9. Eric Johnson TE SFO 9.10
10. Jermaine Wiggins TE MIN 10.05

Wiggins is going a full 4 rounds after Crumpler on average. That's incredibly significant drafting a TE in the 10th instead of the 6th. In fact the highest Wiggins was drafted in the 118 samples that make up his 10.05 average draft status was at 6.09, which is still after Crumpler's average draft status of 6.04

Teams are not taking him after Alge Crumpler. They are taking him before LJ Smith, Bubba Franks, Daniel Graham, and Marcus Pollard though, and rightfully so. I'd much rather snag Wiggins with tons of upside than any of those guys, who don't make an impact ever unless they score a TD.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:40 pm

I'll take LJ Smith over Wiggins easily. Close call with Pollard also..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk