Why do the Eagles get the 3rd easiest schedule? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why do the Eagles get the 3rd easiest schedule?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why do the Eagles get the 3rd easiest schedule?

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:55 pm

Is there any particular reason (besides what I consider the obvious) the Eagles get the 3rd easiest schedule in the league after going to the Super Bowl?
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mustangs989 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:58 pm

It's a conspiracy, I'm surprised they didn't give them the easiest schedule ;-7
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flockers » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:58 pm

Yes, I've been waiting for bagobonez to start his annual Eagle ripping. I've got my popcorn and soda ready.

Let's go!
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:07 pm

let the conspiracies begin.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:09 pm

I'm not questioning/supporting/arguing against your thread. I'm just wondering, do you have a link rankings the strength of schedules?

It might have already been posted, but I think I missed it.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:21 pm

Must be the NFL conspiracy. Or maybe in a more rational explanation its in part due to the NFL's pre-planned division matchups. Just happens that NFC West, worst division in football was going to be on their schedule no matter what this year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:50 pm

Ya, what Maddog said and the fact that their own division isnt exactly stellar.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:10 am

maddog60 wrote:Or maybe in a more rational explanation its in part due to the NFL's pre-planned division matchups. Just happens that NFC West, worst division in football was going to be on their schedule no matter what.

Bingo.

Bago, keep searching though, I'm sure there's gotta be some Philly conspiracy out there.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby GMoney » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:22 am

musta been the alien dressed up as paul tagliaboob... they want the eagles to take over the NFL and the WORLD... MUAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Santacruzer » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:40 am

There's no conspiracy. The NFL moved away from a "strength of schedule" format a couple of years ago, when they re-alligned the divisions.

They used to use a format that matched up "playoff teams" to play "playoff teams", and the "bottom teams" to play "bottom teams", and so on. When they re-alligned the divisions to four divisions, or four teams, in each conference, a couple of years ago they switched to a "rotation" type format. For example, the Lions played the NFC East, and the AFC South last year, and this year they play the NFC South, and the AFC North, etc.

This year, the Lions in the NFC North plays each team in their divison twice, Green Bay, Minny, Chicago. They play the NFC South, New Orleans, Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Atlanta. The AFC North, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincy, and Pittsburgh to total 14 games.

The two remaining games get split between the two remaining divisions in their conference. The NFC East, and the NFC West. I believe they are matched up acording to their finishes in their respective conferences from the previous year. ie. the Lions finished 3rd in their division, so they play the 3rd place finishers from those other 2 divisions, Dallas, and Arizona. This is the only remaining SOS bit, and because it only applies to two games, it really isn't a factor, or at least the factor it used to play.

See, no conspiracy.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk