Why do the Eagles get the 3rd easiest schedule? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why do the Eagles get the 3rd easiest schedule?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:43 am

Flockers wrote:Yes, I've been waiting for bagobonez to start his annual Eagle ripping. I've got my popcorn and soda ready.

Let's go!

Oh it's coming. I won't disappoint. Just wait until the season begins. :-b
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:26 am

bagobonez wrote:
Flockers wrote:Yes, I've been waiting for bagobonez to start his annual Eagle ripping. I've got my popcorn and soda ready.

Let's go!

Oh it's coming. I won't disappoint. Just wait until the season begins. :-b

Good to hear. The more you're complaining the better my Eagles are doing. I hope you're ranting and well past Christmas :)
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby blitz » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:18 am

bagobones/mustangs989 spoken like true cowboy fans. [excuses-excuses.] strap on the helmets and let the games begin!
blitz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:25 am

Santacruzer wrote:There's no conspiracy. The NFL moved away from a "strength of schedule" format a couple of years ago, when they re-alligned the divisions.

They used to use a format that matched up "playoff teams" to play "playoff teams", and the "bottom teams" to play "bottom teams", and so on. When they re-alligned the divisions to four divisions, or four teams, in each conference, a couple of years ago they switched to a "rotation" type format. For example, the Lions played the NFC East, and the AFC South last year, and this year they play the NFC South, and the AFC North, etc.

This year, the Lions in the NFC North plays each team in their divison twice, Green Bay, Minny, Chicago. They play the NFC South, New Orleans, Carolina, Tampa Bay, and Atlanta. The AFC North, Baltimore, Cleveland, Cincy, and Pittsburgh to total 14 games.

The two remaining games get split between the two remaining divisions in their conference. The NFC East, and the NFC West. I believe they are matched up acording to their finishes in their respective conferences from the previous year. ie. the Lions finished 3rd in their division, so they play the 3rd place finishers from those other 2 divisions, Dallas, and Arizona. This is the only remaining SOS bit, and because it only applies to two games, it really isn't a factor, or at least the factor it used to play.

See, no conspiracy.

Great synopsis.... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MeShawn » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:03 am

blitz wrote:bagobones/mustangs989 spoken like true cowboy fans. [excuses-excuses.] strap on the helmets and let the games begin!

Mustangs isn't a cowboys fan. Maybe you were referring to me?

There are many cowboys fans at the cafe, but Bagobonez is the only one that makes up (Eagles) conspiracy theories ;-)
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby catch22 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:29 am

I think Im gonna like bagobones.......great eye on this conspiracy. Cant wait tell you get to the bottom of this.
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mustangs989 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:50 am

MeShawn wrote:
blitz wrote:bagobones/mustangs989 spoken like true cowboy fans. [excuses-excuses.] strap on the helmets and let the games begin!

Mustangs isn't a cowboys fan.

Yep, I'm defenitely not a cowboys fan, you can see that in my post I was joking (hence the tongue in cheek emoticon).
Bagobonez has plenty of Eagle conspiracy theories, you'll see as the season progresses.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:18 pm

Yup. It won't take long. Probably game 1 when McNabb will throw a TD pass to Owens, except Owens will either not have both feet in bounds or won't have complete possession before he goes out of bounds. Either that or his knee will hit the turf a full yard short of the goal-line. But the ref will still call it a TD. Because c'mon! It's McNabb 2 Owens! OMFGZ WINZORZ!!!
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:00 pm

catch22 wrote:I think Im gonna like bagobones.......great eye on this conspiracy. Cant wait tell you get to the bottom of this.

Wow, siding with Bagobonez on something as silly as this. I guess you have chosen the way of pain then. I'm sure Dallas, Washington and New York also have easy schedules, considering they will be playing most of the same teams the Eagles do. Is it still a conspiracy?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:11 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
catch22 wrote:I think Im gonna like bagobones.......great eye on this conspiracy. Cant wait tell you get to the bottom of this.

Wow, siding with Bagobonez on something as silly as this. I guess you have chosen the way of pain then. I'm sure Dallas, Washington and New York also have easy schedules, considering they will be playing most of the same teams the Eagles do. Is it still a conspiracy?

That's exactly the point. So fine, the NFC East plays a sorry division this year. But shouldn't either Dallas, Washington or New York have an easier schedule than the Eagles? I mean, they did finish with worse records than Philly. But no, Philly still gets the easier schedule out of the 4 teams in the NFC East. GO figure.
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk