Why do the Eagles get the 3rd easiest schedule? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why do the Eagles get the 3rd easiest schedule?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:20 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
catch22 wrote:I think Im gonna like bagobones.......great eye on this conspiracy. Cant wait tell you get to the bottom of this.

Wow, siding with Bagobonez on something as silly as this. I guess you have chosen the way of pain then. I'm sure Dallas, Washington and New York also have easy schedules, considering they will be playing most of the same teams the Eagles do. Is it still a conspiracy?

Not necessarily the case Sweetness as the Cowboys can't play themselves twice a season. Any schedule that's got the Cowboys on it twice a year is soft. ;-7 :-b [rimshot]
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby goleafsgo96 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:21 pm

3rd easiest? cmon man, yur getting desperate. Next year itll be "why do the eagles have an average difficulty schedule?" and then when they have a hard one the title to this thread will read "NFL tries to cover up for conspiracy by giving eagles a difficult schedule!"

:-/
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:26 pm

bagobonez wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
catch22 wrote:I think Im gonna like bagobones.......great eye on this conspiracy. Cant wait tell you get to the bottom of this.

Wow, siding with Bagobonez on something as silly as this. I guess you have chosen the way of pain then. I'm sure Dallas, Washington and New York also have easy schedules, considering they will be playing most of the same teams the Eagles do. Is it still a conspiracy?

That's exactly the point. So fine, the NFC East plays a sorry division this year. But shouldn't either Dallas, Washington or New York have an easier schedule than the Eagles? I mean, they did finish with worse records than Philly. But no, Philly still gets the easier schedule out of the 4 teams in the NFC East. GO figure.

Umm, its because the other 3 teams play Philly twice while Philly plays those bad teams in their division 6 times total. I thought that was pretty fricking obvious.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:28 pm

I hate the Eagles just as much as you do, but why should they get a tougher schedule just because they have a better team? It's fair if the rest of the teams in the division play similar teams because the better teams have to be able to take advantage of the weaker teams, which is what the Eagles do to win.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JoeyChocolates » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:39 pm

And the eagles are in the NFC and in the weakest confernce its not a conspiricy its just the fact that the nfc sucks
JoeyChocolates
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:52 pm

NFC East schedule breakdown:

Each team plays the NFC West and AFC West, so they're all at an equal strength of schedule.

Clearly as they play their division opponents for 6 games, the Eagles get the upperhand, being the best team, thus not having to play 2 games against the best team in their own division. However, that's their reward for being better than their division rivals. Happens for every good team.

Now there are two other games which shift the schedule strength, 2 out of 16 games that can make any real difference in the teams' schedules.

Dallas: Carolina, Detroit
NY: New Orleans, Minnesota
Philly: Atlanta, Green Bay
Wash: Tampa Bay, Chicago

Hmm, noticing a pattern, those extra games, each NFC East team got to play one NFC North and one NFC South team. And in fact lets look at how these teams finished last year:

Philly won the NFC East: Atlanta and Green Bay won their divisions.
NY finished 2nd: So did New Orleans and Minnesota.
Dallas finished 3rd: As did Carolina and Detroit
And all the cellar dwellers in their respective divisions play each other.

Now, I personally feel Carolina is a stronger team by far than Atlanta, and that Green Bay will not be as strong this year, not nearly as much, as they have been in the past, but projections are notorious for being inaccurate year after year. Minnesota and Seattle were supposed to be powerhouses in the beginning of last year, and the Chargers would've been considered easy prey, so going by finishing places in divisions is just as good of a guess as projecting which teams are going to be the best.

The only conceivable reason the Eagles schedule is easier than their division rivals is because their division rivals have to play the Eagles. Tough luck.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:54 pm

bagobonez wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:

That's exactly the point. So fine, the NFC East plays a sorry division this year. But shouldn't either Dallas, Washington or New York have an easier schedule than the Eagles? I mean, they did finish with worse records than Philly. But no, Philly still gets the easier schedule out of the 4 teams in the NFC East. GO figure.

Come on, now.... I'm sure you can figure this out....

Philly has to play Dallas twice, whereas Dallas has to play Philly twice... THAT is why Philly's schedule is considered SO much easier.... Because Dallas is SO MUCH easier an opponent than Philly is....

Does that make sense? Or do you want pictures?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby catch22 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:33 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:

Does that make sense? Or do you want pictures?

You have pics?
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby blitz » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:10 pm

mustang 989 sorry 2 include u as a cowboy fan. misread your avatar i guess. looks like the rivalries are starting already. i can't wait!!
blitz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Azrael » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:39 pm

WTF!?!? Why aren't the Eagles playing the Patriots and Steelers every week? Tagliabue, you baaaassss....*flushing sound*
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Football Talk