Michael Bennett's gun found in Cpeps car... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Bennett's gun found in Cpeps car...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Bennett's gun found in Cpeps car...

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:09 am

happened a couple of days ago i couldnt find an article on it but i saw it on the news and heard it on the radio...he was caught with a gun but Bennett claimed he accidentally left it in his car or something after coming back from target practice shooting with Cpep or someone like that i forgot..but Bennett was not charged or suspended...it just scared the shit outta me when i first heard it cus that would mean our top one and two RB's suspended.....guess this is why Tice drafted Fason ;-D
Last edited by Dirt Bag on Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:11 am

oh here i found an article on it ;-D

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5449722.html

EDIT: oops sorry i guess you need to login to see the story....here ill show you how to get to it....go to http://www.startribune.com and scroll down to SPORTS and click on vikings its the top story hopefully it works

EDIT: umm stupid me here ill just copy/paste the article
Bennett's gun is left in car
June 10, 2005 BENN0610

Click to learn more...

A handgun discovered in a car rented by Vikings quarterback Daunte Culpepper on Thursday afternoon was registered and belonged to running back Michael Bennett, according to reports by KSTP (Ch. 5) and KMSP (Ch. 9).

KSTP reported Bennett and Culpepper had planned to go to a shooting range after the final day of this week's developmental camp at Winter Park. The two, however, changed their plans, and Culpepper dropped off the car at Hertz before heading home to Orlando, Fla. Bennett left the gun between the seats under a newspaper, where it was found by an employee who called the airport police.

Bennett appeared with his permit to carry a handgun after explaining what had happened on the phone, according to KMSP. The gun was returned to Bennett, and airport police determined they did not believe any laws were violated.

"The gun is legal; it's registered and everything," Bennett told KSTP. "I don't even know how everything got out. I was just questioned. ... It happened and I'm sorry for it. It will never happen again, I guarantee that."

With Onterrio Smith having been suspended by the NFL for the 2005 season for violating the league's substance abuse policy a third time, Bennett is the clear-cut favorite to be the Vikings' top running back.

Judd Zulgad
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:15 am

Seeing my username, I'm obviously biased, but I think this is an honest mistake. I mean, anyone can have a gun. It's not like there was a killing somewhere near training camp yesterday...
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dirt Bag » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:17 am

yeah i know it was an honest mistake and am glad he actually had a liscense to be carrying it with him to prove he wasnt goin on a killin rampage or nothin stupid like that...at least he wasnt stupid and didnt make up some excuse or nothin stupid like that

EDIT: man im editing alot...well reading the article again i guess it was BENNETTS gun found in CPEPS car, i guess i had it mixed up when i saw it on the news.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:20 am

There are some interesting points to take out of today's article:

Tice admits they will more than likely add to RB depth before training camp begins. However, he also said they will not trade for a RB, so more than likely it will be a low end RB that can maybe do some return work or practice squad stuff.

Also - Tice has indicated that so far their defense is much better than their offense even though Chavous and BWilliams are holding out still. Is anyone suprised?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:29 am

That just freaks me out that people are so casual about handguns that they carry them around in their cars and misplace them like that. :-o

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:38 am

Bennett4prez wrote:Seeing my username, I'm obviously biased, but I think this is an honest mistake. I mean, anyone can have a gun. It's not like there was a killing somewhere near training camp yesterday...

Yeah, they can...but don't you have to have a permit or something to have one in your car or on your person? If it's in your house, that's one thing...but in the car? :-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby noyz » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:49 am

He does have a permit to carry. It was a stupid mistake but he didn't make any excuses. Nuff said....
P. Rivers
J. Delhome

R. Bush
E. Grahm
M. Turner
M. Forte
R. Rice
K. Jones

T. Owens
R. Wayne
S. Smith

T. Gonzalez

Def. Matchup

Kicker not signed yet...

12 team league
noyz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:04 pm

"The gun is legal; it's registered and everything," Bennett told KSTP

thats all you need to know. He did nothing actually illegal. The man needs to keep better track of his gun, but thats about it.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:07 pm

The biggest part about this that kind of sounds off, is it was hidden under a newspaper between the seats. I mean, can't you afford a gun case with a lock and all, and put it in the trunk or something? At least the back seat? I think they were out hunting for Moss and he just gave them the slip.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Football Talk