Michael Bennett's gun found in Cpeps car... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Bennett's gun found in Cpeps car...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:15 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:The biggest part about this that kind of sounds off, is it was hidden under a newspaper between the seats. I mean, can't you afford a gun case with a lock and all, and put it in the trunk or something? At least the back seat? I think they were out hunting for Moss and he just gave them the slip.

Kind of defeats the purpose of carrying a weapon if you're going to keep it locked up. Obviously the purpose of carrying a weapon is self protection. If someone came and tried to car jack you or mug you, you're not going to have time to pull out your keys, fumble around and find the right one, unlock the case, possibly even load the gun, and fire.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:20 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:The biggest part about this that kind of sounds off, is it was hidden under a newspaper between the seats. I mean, can't you afford a gun case with a lock and all, and put it in the trunk or something? At least the back seat? I think they were out hunting for Moss and he just gave them the slip.

Kind of defeats the purpose of carrying a weapon if you're going to keep it locked up. Obviously the purpose of carrying a weapon is self protection. If someone came and tried to car jack you or mug you, you're not going to have time to pull out your keys, fumble around and find the right one, unlock the case, possibly even load the gun, and fire.

They were going to the shooting range...not a crack house. It wasn't for protection. Most other places require you to keep it under lock and key, and obviously this moron who thinks so little of leaving a gun in a rental car might want to invest in one.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby MadScott » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:38 pm

Just under the seat huh? Too bad he didn't leave it in the trunk, you know so the headline would read, "Bennett's piece left in Culpepper's trunk." :-b

Seriously though as a handgun owner, this is about the stupidest thing that I've ever heard of. He shouldn't be aloud to touch a handgun again if he's going to be that careless with it.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:43 pm

Dirt Bag wrote: Bennett left the gun between the seats under a newspaper, where it was found by an employee who called the airport police.

Even though the gun was registered and Bennett has every right to carry it, how fricking dumb can you be to leave it under a newspaper in a rental car? I criticized Tice for drafting Fason, but clearly I was wrong and underestimated the level of stupidity in the Vikings backfield.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:01 pm

bagobonez wrote:

I doubt the gun was for protection, and even if it was:

A) Anybody fool enough to try and car jack Culpepper the giant that he is, without having already drawn a gun is gonna get a whooping whether Daunte or Bennett has a gun or not.

B) If someone's car jacking you and already has a gun drawn, you're screwed unless you were already holding your gun. The difference between it being locked up, and wrapped in newspaper wont help in that situation.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:18 pm

Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:That just freaks me out that people are so casual about handguns that they carry them around in their cars and misplace them like that. :-o

I was thinking the exact same thing, Mook. I just hope Michael Bennett doesn't have any kids. We wouldn't want him to casually forget where he left his gun in the house. :-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk