ESPN FANTASY FOOTBALL NOW OPEN!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN FANTASY FOOTBALL NOW OPEN!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby A2theIzzo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:48 am

Azrael wrote:looks decent, already have my leagues setup in Yahoo though.

Same for me.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:57 am

nebbie2004 wrote:Btw, this Live Draft spots are going fast, the first available was July 17th and that's 3 WEEKS!!! after they was gonna allow!, wow! Better hurry for a good draft time.

They always open up more draft times.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:02 am

Is the scoring for ESPN customizable? Do they allow for the addition of a few points if a player hits a certain benchmark each game (like a bonus 2 points if your QB throws for 300)?
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A2theIzzo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:05 am

davidmarver wrote:Is the scoring for ESPN customizable? Do they allow for the addition of a few points if a player hits a certain benchmark each game (like a bonus 2 points if your QB throws for 300)?

I am pretty sure that you dont have the ability to do that on ESPN. I just looked at some comishioner tools, and I do not see anything that gives you the option of doing that.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby nebbie2004 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:05 am

davidmarver wrote:Is the scoring for ESPN customizable? Do they allow for the addition of a few points if a player hits a certain benchmark each game (like a bonus 2 points if your QB throws for 300)?

Not sure, but I know they had a "Show" buttom toward the bottom to show some categories most people dont use such as completions are what not I had to use to get them into my "test" league.

Hope that helps. ;-D
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby MeShawn » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:35 am

Once someone finishes a draft on ESPN (especially a LIVE draft), let us know how all the interface is. Add/drop players, trading, draft stuff, customization, etc.

I don't do more than 4 leagues so I don't need to "save" my yahoo spots. I really have no plan to switch from yahoo, I'd like to know how ESPN compares.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:38 pm

MeShawn wrote:Once someone finishes a draft on ESPN (especially a LIVE draft), let us know how all the interface is. Add/drop players, trading, draft stuff, customization, etc.

I don't do more than 4 leagues so I don't need to "save" my yahoo spots. I really have no plan to switch from yahoo, I'd like to know how ESPN compares.

I've been playing on ESPN since it started up and have used League Manager in the past for a league I play in. I have not seen Yahoo this year and I hear they have made some changes but in the past ESPN's interface has always been much better then Yahoo's.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:10 pm

I set up a league last nite and they gave you the ability to give a bonus, but it was not for game totals. It was for long plays passing, recieving or rushing.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby rhsrizzo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:15 pm

I don't really like the ESPN set up. Searching for players is almost impossible unless you type in the player's name. Am I missing something for the players section?
rhsrizzo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby nebbie2004 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:26 pm

rhsrizzo wrote:I don't really like the ESPN set up. Searching for players is almost impossible unless you type in the player's name. Am I missing something for the players section?

Ya I dont think all the "features" have been implemented yet.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Football Talk