Favorite Draft Position? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favorite Draft Position?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favorite Draft Position?

Postby CC » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:24 pm

What pick do y'all want to have if you are selecting in a draft this year? For some reason, for the 1st time ever I'm leaning towards the 1st pick, 7th finished a close second.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:31 pm

I like being 2 or 3 in a 10/ 12 team league. If I can't then I'd rather be 1st overall ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:34 pm

It was my hypothesis early in the offseason...still is now. Anywhere but the middle, more so if it's a dynasty or keeper league. So any of 1,2,3 or 10,11,12.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:36 pm

For once I would like to be 1st overall. I think Tomlinson's a sure-fire thing, and you can obviously get him with 1st overall. I think there is plenty of value to be had once it snakes around with the 2nd and 3rd round picks as well.

Otherwise, I would like to be in the 7 to 8 range. You could possibly get two top tier RB's if the draft falls the right way.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:42 pm

First, second to last, or last. I hate the middle which is what I usually end up with. The middle is basically a spot where I get someone out of the first tier or near the end of it and just miss some of the better guys that go in the early second. Gotta love the double picks also.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:48 pm

This year the 3-6 picks are hard to draft in in the first round because of the guys like Willis, Priest, and James. They'll have all been a tossup of where to go this year.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby footballfreak449 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:50 pm

I don't really have a prefrence... all are nice... middle is kinda lame because there is always a long wait in between picks.. while if you have 10, you wait a long time, but then you pick twice really quick.. then u get a break..
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:51 pm

ill take the end of the order anyday. especially very last. first pick is golden too...but its less attractive in leagues bigger than 10. the middle definitely is least desireable..but seems to be where i always land. 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby o_street7000 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:53 pm

i love 5th because you usually get a guy like mcgahee, priest etc.. and you have an outside chance at landing a JJ, KJ or rudi johnson type rb in the second
o_street7000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flockers » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:59 pm

Either the first three, or the last three. I'm a big believer in the end because you can get quality in bunches.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to Football Talk