Favorite Draft Position? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favorite Draft Position?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:36 am

guess it also depends heavlily on what type of league it is. the last 3 drafts i have been in have been dyansties and keepers and he hasnt fallen past the 5th round in those. but you are right if you are referring to standard redrafts. in all the cafe mocks even the 12 teamers, he has went usually early 7th.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sappisgod » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:07 am

Dead last. The back to back picks is nice, as well as being able to strategize for a while because everyone else is making their picks. I also like ending up with 2 highly ranked players, even without the usual horses that are so big in FF.
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:28 am

I hve won our league 3 out of 4 years so I am used to drafting last. I have gotten to enjoy the time to see what happens in the first plus our league being a keeper league that costs draft picks most of the first round is set already because people are keeping their studs. In a redraft I think it would be cool to have the first pick for once. I dont think it really matters what position to me really I just love draft day no matter what!
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tanner » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:10 pm

if your league values TE's and uses a snake-draft, i like picking last (10th).I get 2 picks back to back. that usually means I can grab the best WR and TE in the NFL at that point, as everyone scrambles to get RB's and QB's.
my next 2 picks would be rb's..
there's so much talent left in a 10 team league, I don't think it really matter where you pick as much as HOW you pick.

in a 12 team league, position matters. I definitely would like picking #1, because you'll get the best rb or qb. but #6 is perfect..if you do your homework, you can come up with a great team picking in the dead center of the draft in every round.
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 pm

I'd definitely want that first or 2nd spot. Then you get LT or Alexander, then a WR in the 2nd or 3rd along with another back. Really good base, especially LT in a keeper or dynasty.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:17 pm

Well, last year it was 8th because I figured that is where the first tier running backs ended. This year I am thinking about the same. In a 10 team league, I am wanting that 8th or 9th pick. Chances are you can get a Corey Dillon and Randy Moss. I wouldnt mind building my team around that. ;-D
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:41 pm

I love drafting last.

Means you won last year.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:37 pm

#1 is the best this year. Get the pretty much undisputed #1 RB in LT and another good RB and top WR or QB in the 2nd and 3rd.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby A2theIzzo » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:07 pm

terpfan wrote:#1 is the best this year. Get the pretty much undisputed #1 RB in LT and another good RB and top WR or QB in the 2nd and 3rd.

Exactly wut i was going to say, get LT #1, and another RB 2nd pick, and right after get a top 3 QB, then 4th round WR. i think thats perfect.
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:47 pm

Another thing to consider from just an enjoyment perspective. If you have a mid pick you get to take the whole draft inmore IMO. You have to plan for 2 picks when you are really early or late
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk