QB-WR Combos - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

QB-WR Combos

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:29 pm

I don't like that combo myself. Sure, when it's going good, it's great, but if the QB has a bad game, you're losing two outlets for points. Unless you're in a total points league, I would never try to do it unless I got value for the players involved.

The rest of the guys stated great points as far as wasting high picks to do it and such.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:44 pm

I had Peyton and Marvin in a league that I won it all. They sure were nice to have. But a key is to solidify the talent around your QB and WR. Don't get burned by not having solid RBs. You need to be able to get points from other places in weeks that your combo is not producing..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:40 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:I had Peyton/Harrison last year and won with it. I personally like doing it and don't have a problem with it, but I don't intentionally look to get a combo in the draft, it just happens.
Agreed. I seem to end up with not out of trying to but more out if it just happening.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gatorman1122 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:51 pm

Last year, I had the Texas Trio-DD, AJ, and Carr...horrible idea...i thought they would have a great year, and it turns out that I only used DD near the end of the season while AJ was on the bench and Carr was dropped...
Still, I would like to get the Bulger/Holt combo for the upcoming season....
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:51 pm

I don't try to have that combo, but you want to have players who play in good offenses, so you might end up with 2 guys from such an offense. I know it can really hurt you on a bad week, but you're going to have bad weeks no matter who your players play for.
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:03 pm

i dont like getting a WR-QB combo's unless its a sure combo like harrison manning,mcnabb to.
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:36 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:Last year, I had the Texas Trio-DD, AJ, and Carr...horrible idea...i thought they would have a great year, and it turns out that I only used DD near the end of the season while AJ was on the bench and Carr was dropped...
Still, I would like to get the Bulger/Holt combo for the upcoming season....

on the other hand this same combo Carr/AJ/DD won the NFFL league last year.

I don't like the QB/WR combo as every week starters. The QB.RB combo is not bad somebody posted that earlier.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Football Talk