I can't get the other team owners invloved!!! HELP!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I can't get the other team owners invloved!!! HELP!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

I can't get the other team owners invloved!!! HELP!!!

Postby AHill84006 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:30 am

I am a commish, and I can't seem to get the other guys (at least 2 are) involved or excited about the upcoming season. I have tried to e-mail them, call them, and even talk to them. I am asking for feedback on rules changes, websites (we used Fanball last year, but considering going back to Yahoo), league improvements, finances, ect. I know it is just June, but I would like to get everything straight before the season sneaks up on us. Am I getting in too much of a hurry?? Should I back off?? I need some help!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!
AHill84006
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I can't get the other team owners invloved!!! HELP!!!

Postby hayesb26 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:43 am

AHill84006 wrote:I am a commish, and I can't seem to get the other guys (at least 2 are) involved or excited about the upcoming season. I have tried to e-mail them, call them, and even talk to them. I am asking for feedback on rules changes, websites (we used Fanball last year, but considering going back to Yahoo), league improvements, finances, ect. I know it is just June, but I would like to get everything straight before the season sneaks up on us. Am I getting in too much of a hurry?? Should I back off?? I need some help!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

If you aren't getting any responses back at all from them, it could be time to look for new league members. I'd say to give them till around July 1st, then start looking for some replacements...
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:17 pm

If it's a "local" league, there are a few things that can make it a bit more fun, or at least exciting even when you're not winning. I collect about $30 from every owner at the beginning of the year, and that goes towards paying for the league, but also leaves quite a bit for prizes. We bought a pretty decent trophy the first year that gets passed along to the winner every year. The winner also gets a Jersey of their choice, 2nd and 3rd place get t-shirts, etc. Division winners get "division winner" t-shirts. We also have some other various prizes that do not have to go to top place finishers, as well as a "last place" gag trophy. I keep the league board active, with new info, stats, etc. so they can check back regularily, and have new stuff to go through. I can take a lot of work to be a commish, and usually it pays off, but inevitably you will have some owners that are not interested. If there is money involved you can set a certain deadline to have money in by, or they will get replaced. That should at least help with getting some kind of response out of them, without having to hound them.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Arlo » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:49 pm

Use "Last person to respond hosts the draft" as your email topic. ;-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Calyxes » Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:00 pm

I would tell them if no reply comes back that you will find others who want to play. I am sure that if you do have to find others it will not be hard to do.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby MadScott » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:37 pm

Arlo wrote:Use "Last person to respond hosts the draft" as your email topic. ;-)

;-D Great!
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sat Jun 11, 2005 3:41 pm

For many...translated the non football psychos like us...June is still way to early to be worrying about fantasy football. I usually don't start up the league I am commishing until Mid July.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk