NFL Europe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

NFL Europe

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL Europe

Postby footballfreak449 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:41 am

Not sure if it falls in this thread or not... :-?

The Canadian Press reports the NFL's chief operation officer, Roger Goodell, said Saturday, June 11, he was confident owners would vote to continue NFL Europe after a season of record attendance. While the NFL doesn't release figures, NFL Europe is reportedly losing money. The owners are expected to vote on the league in August or September after issues like a collective bargaining agreement with the players' union are settled. Goodell also said the NFL has been contacted about further expansion in Germany, but won't do that until after the 2006 World Cup.

I'm happy because the NFL Europe if full of prospects for the NFL, and new ones are going in constantly... It also gives me a healthy does of football during the offseason...

How many people here watch it?
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:27 am

I just watched the World Bowl yesterday, which was pretty exciting. I just realized that i get the NFL network, though, and I think that's where the regular season games are played, so I think it's pretty cool.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:07 pm

I must say, it was pretty awesome seeing Jarrett Payton tearing it up in NFL Europe. :-b
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby houstonherdfan » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:49 pm

I watch it. Actually some of the games are played on regular cable TV, I think either TNT or TBS. Don't really pay a whole lot of attention which channel with the on screen TV guide scan through the channels and click on what I want to watch.

And yes Jarrett looked pretty good yesterday. Saw one block in the 4th Q where he picked up the blitzing LB and it looked like the LB just hit a brick wall and stopped.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Flockers » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:48 pm

I don't mind NFL Europe. It's 10.34 to the 99999th power better than Arena Football. :-P
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:04 am

houstonherdfan wrote:I watch it. Actually some of the games are played on regular cable TV, I think either TNT or TBS. Don't really pay a whole lot of attention which channel with the on screen TV guide scan through the channels and click on what I want to watch.

And yes Jarrett looked pretty good yesterday. Saw one block in the 4th Q where he picked up the blitzing LB and it looked like the LB just hit a brick wall and stopped.

Yeah, he was busting out a pretty wicked stiff arm too. Too bad he isn't as good as his dad. :-b
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CharginBrowns » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:15 am

I saw the worldbowl...I felt kind of sad... like an alcoholic who needed booze so he drank malt-liquor...

It looks the same, but isn't close to as good.

It's a good idea to have a feeder/development league, but at the end of the day, if people aren't paying to see it, there's no space for it.
CharginBrowns
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Redskins Win » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:22 pm

Nothing like 10 weeks of crappy football to finally see one decent game. But hey who am I to bash I watched a good part of the season anyway. ;-D :-t
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk