Len P on Henry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Len P on Henry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Len P on Henry

Postby cooleyhigh » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:03 am

• Take it to the bank, at some point before the start of the regular season, Buffalo Bills tailback Travis Henry will be traded. To whom? Uh, we'll get back to you on that one. This much we know: There remain multiple teams interested in securing Henry, still a quality back despite losing his starting job to Willis McGahee last year, and a guy who has a couple 1,000-yard campaigns on his résumé. Sooner or later (probably later), some team is going to meet the Bills' asking price, believed to be a third-round draft choice, and pull the trigger on a deal.

That team probably won't be Houston, which continues to consider upgrading the No. 2 spot behind Domanick Davis, but doesn't appear as interested in Henry as a few other teams. That's notable because a report indicated this week that the Texans are the only club still talking with Buffalo about a Henry deal. Not true. A league source tells us Tennessee and Jacksonville are still in the mix for Henry and there have been "extensive" discussions between Titans officials and Henry's agent. That makes sense, since Henry is entering the final year of his contract, and no team is going to trade for him just to rent him for a season and then have him depart next spring in free agency. Tennessee absolutely has to land a tailback to play behind the talented but often-injured Chris Brown. The Jaguars remain concerned about Fred Taylor's knee and might want someone with a little more real-game experience than LaBrandon Toefield, who has just 104 carries in two seasons, or impressive rookie Alvin Pearman.

There were reports last week the Jaguars had discussed a trade for Seattle tailback Shaun Alexander, but Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio was pretty convincing in debunking such talks. It would be difficult to have Taylor around in 2005, at a base salary of $1.55 million and be able to afford the kind of long-term contract Alexander desires. But we do hear that, in the Henry matter, Seattle is still a dark-horse landing spot, should the Seahawks ever find someone to take the unhappy Alexander off their hands.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/s ... 1949&num=6

Well we have already discussed all of these situations except Houston. Perhaps Hollings is proving himself a bust. I thought Morency would be a capable #2 however :-?
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby WMx21 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:44 am

I doubt he will land in Houston. I think it will be Tennesse, Henry played his college ball at UT so I bet he would like that.

[b][color=green]It's All About[/color] [color=orange]The U.[/color][/b]
WMx21
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:55 am

MN should trade M. Moore or Bennett and a draft pick for S. Alexander and then the Seahawks could acquire Henry. And yes that is just a wishful thinking scenario by a Vikes fan. Imagine power running and a good defense what would that be like?

PS I dont mean to throw this thread off topic. I still think Jax will end up sitting pat with their 3 young rbs, Toefield, Jones, and Pearman. Ten seems like themost likely place to me. I still thin Ariz should be in the mix but they really want JJ to have no competition it seems. Denny doesn't really care about RBs anyway I dont think
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:01 pm

Travis Henry in Seattle will win a lot of early drafters championships.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby SunnydaleSpike » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:19 pm

Jacksonville needs to go get Henry now. They will regret it when Fragile Fred goes down for the 113th and they have LaBrandon Toefield to carry the mail.
Neil Young haunts my nightmares.
SunnydaleSpike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby bellybrother » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:04 pm

where would henry rank if he went to jax or seattle?
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:26 pm

he would be better in seattle (asuming SA would go if henry came) then he wold be in jax for fantasy IMO
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bellybrother » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:23 pm

what about there in tenn daddy-0? i hear they've been after him too? would he back up brown? are that that afraid of brown's "injury problem"? and weren't those injuries like a turf toe and a hand or somethin? not exactly knee's and ankle's.
what's your take on henry in tenn?
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

henry

Postby seanzee58 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:01 am

well it is true he played college ball in TEnn so the titans would be good, but he also lives in miami so jacksonville is a good fit
seanzee58
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:50 am

i think he would be solid in any of those places, but ten and jax make the most sense. im hoping he goes to jax personally.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk