Don't know if anybody else pays any attention but... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Don't know if anybody else pays any attention but...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Don't know if anybody else pays any attention but...

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:05 pm

The new Arena League champions are the Colorado Crush! ;-D Elway won his first Arena League championship on a last-second field goal, winning by a score of 51-48. Exciting stuff, that arena football league. :-)
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:36 pm

The city I live in (Amarillo, Texas) has an AF2 team, the Amarillo Dusters. AF2 is basically the Arena League's "B League". The games are pretty fun to go to though, and my Dusters are like 3rd in the league right now.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:42 pm

cant get much lower than an arena b league when it comes to pro football
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kanezfan11 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:08 pm

I've never been to a Dragons game (Long Island Dragons I think) but I usually catch random teams playing on NBC on weekends. Last week there was a close game with a bunch of penalties with no time on the clock and the team couldn't get the 2 point conversion to tie it.

All I know is that if I ever go to one, I wouldn't wanna be sitting in that front row. Ever see people sitting get smashed in the face with a helmet? Not pretty.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:51 am

kanezfan11 wrote:I've never been to a Dragons game (Long Island Dragons I think) but I usually catch random teams playing on NBC on weekends. Last week there was a close game with a bunch of penalties with no time on the clock and the team couldn't get the 2 point conversion to tie it.

All I know is that if I ever go to one, I wouldn't wanna be sitting in that front row. Ever see people sitting get smashed in the face with a helmet? Not pretty.

I think it's just the NY Dragons. Screw the Crush! They took advantage of their homefield against the Rush and dropped the confetti on the field early, as the Rush were on the goal line, with no penalty whatsoever, and no one cleaned the mess( they sent scrubs out with hand brooms and dust pans). Totally unprofessional behavior and a horrible non-call by the refs. On the other hand, they made the game tying FG and went to OT to just blow it there, but it's no fun if you can't complain about it!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:54 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:I've never been to a Dragons game (Long Island Dragons I think) but I usually catch random teams playing on NBC on weekends. Last week there was a close game with a bunch of penalties with no time on the clock and the team couldn't get the 2 point conversion to tie it.

The front row is the best seats in the house man! In the Arena League if you catch a football it's yours. I once saw a guy at a San Jose Saber Cats game in the corner of the endzone STEAL a ball away from a WR on a fade route. The whole crowd erupted and the San Jose DB came and gave him a high five. You don't get that kind of experience at any other football game.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:18 pm

Kensat30 wrote:

The front row is the best seats in the house man! In the Arena League if you catch a football it's yours. I once saw a guy at a San Jose Saber Cats game in the corner of the endzone STEAL a ball away from a WR on a fade route. The whole crowd erupted and the San Jose DB came and gave him a high five. You don't get that kind of experience at any other football game.

Thats a Ron Artest-style incident waiting to happen :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Don't know if anybody else pays any attention but...

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:24 pm

creamdoorthirtyniner wrote:The new Arena League champions are the Colorado Crush! ;-D Elway won his first Arena League championship on a last-second field goal, winning by a score of 51-48. Exciting stuff, that arena football league. :-)

John Elway is a champ in both the NFL and the AFL. Nice. I heard that game was very exciting to watch. 51-48 would be a nice game to watch in any league. At least we know that the NFL season is soon approaching now that the AFL is all said and done. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:02 pm

myintrotoletyouknow wrote:cant get much lower than an arena b league when it comes to pro football

Wrongo! There is a professional women's tackle football league. The Detroit Demolition were the champs last year or the year before. 8-o

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:24 am

moochman wrote:
myintrotoletyouknow wrote:cant get much lower than an arena b league when it comes to pro football

Wrongo! There is a professional women's tackle football league. The Detroit Demolition were the champs last year or the year before. 8-o

i stand corrected
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk