Floyd to reunite - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Floyd to reunite

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jumpman8828 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:48 pm

Calyxes wrote:I saw Floyd back in 95 or 96 when they last toured. I was a Junior in High School. They played at the Silver Dome. They did put on a hell of a show. They played some of their new songs but for most of the time they played all old songs. I believe Rusted Root opened for them.

How much do you think the tickets would go for? The stones cheapest ticket in Detroit is $150. I am sure floyd would draw close to the same amount.

I would think even more maybe, seeing as this is a (probably) one time thing, and every Floyd fan in the world wants to be there.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hastur » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:56 pm

It would be great to see these guys together on stage. I saw them for the Division Bell tour. Good stuff, but having Waters is bound to be better!

Now we have to work on getting Syd Barrett out of the rubber room..... ;-D

Flockers wrote:I assume you mean Pink Floyd. I thought "Floyd" was some sort of T.V. animal star, probably a horse or dog, in the 70s.

I understand now.

I thought this too for a second. In Jersey, back in the '70's we had a local cable show called "The Uncle Floyd Show". Weird, weird show with the most famous part being a clown made of play-doe.
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:37 pm

One of my alltime top 10 fav bands. Produced some great stuff in their time "all in all you're just another brick in the wall"[/i]
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby JohnnyUnitas » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:55 pm

Awesome! This is definately going to be a huge event. ;-D
JohnnyUnitas
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jumpman8828 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:39 pm

Apparently tickets were free:

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/news/?y=05&id=0612

Meanwhile, pop fans have until midnight to apply for tickets for the concert at Hyde Park.

People wanting tickets have to text the answer to a multi-choice question to be in with a chance of winning one of 75,000 pairs of tickets.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tiki » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:07 pm

That's pretty cool man! I am not a huge fan of Pink Floyd but they don't suck! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jumpman8828 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:18 pm

Sweet, The Who and Queen are also gonna be there. Granted, neither group is even close to the way they were in the good ol' days (especially without Moon and Mercury :,-( ) but it's still sweet.
jumpman8828
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:23 pm

jumpman8828 wrote:Sweet, The Who and Queen are also gonna be there. Granted, neither group is even close to the way they were in the good ol' days (especially without Moon and Mercury :,-( ) but it's still sweet.

I saw the Who without Moon which was fine, but I can't imagine Queen without Mercury. Brian May is one of my all-time favorite guitarists, though (listen to the live version of Brighton Rock and you'll know why), so they could do instrumental versions of their songs and I'd be happy.

I saw Floyd live for both the Delicate Sound of Thunder tour and the Division Bell tour. The first one was better, but they were both worth every penny.

Floyd has always been and will always be my favorite band. ;-D
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to General Talk