Dynasty League? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Dynasty League?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty League?

Postby baarondsi » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:56 am

I'm looking to get in a dynasty league with contracts and salary cap restrictions. Anyone have an open spot? e-mail me at mailto:baarondsi@yahoo.com
baarondsi
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fugazi101 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:28 pm

16 team Franchise set up with:

1 QB
1 RB
2 WR
1 TE
2 FLEX
1 K
--------
3 DL
3 LB
3 DB
2 FLEX

Scroing is pretty simple and if you want an example look at this page:
http://football2.myfantasyleague.co...EGORY=freeagent

Rosters hold 35 players... and there is also a PS for Rookies and it can be used to cover for a big mistake in the first year auction (we realize everyone makes mistakes... but it should only happen once)

The first year rookies will be in the FA pool... meaning there will be no rookie draft THIS YEAR but we see that as only fair... no team deserves or should have the first pick. NEXT YEAR the rookie draft will be set according to record.

Each team gets $1150 and 75 years to field a team.

It is a great set up. We currently have 12 teams (looking for 16 this year) and look to branch out to 32 like in another league I play in. (32 teams but it is really two 16 team leagues that run on the NFL schedual structure... aka I am GB in that league and play the same teams GB plays week to week.) Scheduals for the mean time will be handled as closely to the NFL as possible.

Enterance will be $60. (Revenue Sharing: 1st seed-$100, 2nd seed-$90, 3rd seed-$80, 4th seed-$70, 5th seed-$60, 6th seed-$50, win first playoff game or have a bye $20/each, win second week of the playoffs $40/each, and Super Bowl winner $140. (Subject to change - depending on how many teams we have))

Playoffs is where this league gets VERY interesting. You get to keep the players you have that MAKE THE PLAYOFFS as does every team. Then there is a playoff redraft of all players on teams in our league that didn't make the playoffs. The 1 seed gets the first pick and the draft snakes. Part of your success in the playoffs comes based on your ability to pick the playoff winners in the NFL. Last year it was the 2 seed vs the 6 seed in the SB... sounds odd but also know that the 6 seed scored more points than anyone in the league prior to the playoffs. So even from the 6 seed you can win.

So when/if we switch to 32 teams the pay out is even greater in the SB.

Its a great set up and definetly my favorite set up I have ever played under.

If you are interested or have any questions please contact me at mailto:eddd54494@yahoo.com

We need to get 4 teams asap and need the money asap because we want to get our FA auction started asap. It takes about a month for the whole thing to be done. Needless to say this league is not for the average fantasy football guy... it takes someone who really likes the game and is willing to put in serious effort to be successful. As far as last year... the successful people in my other league were...guys who played the format before and put in some work... and guys who were new and put in a lot of work. You can't win by sheer luck in this league.

If you are worried about not having enough time to bid on players over the summer realize that we have proxy bids and once a player is bid on their 24 hour count down clock starts over. A new feature on the site this year is the ability to set the proxy bid to only reset when there is a new high bidder. This means you can set your proxy and not have to check the site every day.

So if you are sick of Yahoo but don't have HUGE money to throw away $60 and this league might be right up your ally.

Hear from you soon.
~steve
fugazi101
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds