Draft day problem - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Draft day problem

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft day problem

Postby GreenBay4Life » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:52 pm

guys need your help i have the 8th pick in a 12 team draft. obviously bc vick went down i have the hardest position to pick someone. im thinking the top 7 backs will be gone when my picks up. so where do i go? i personally like henry but there is green and harrison there to. rbs are pretty much the best position to have value bc u get value from running and recieving. what do you guys think?

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VIPER » Wed Aug 20, 2003 4:55 pm

It's according to the way your scoring system is set up but I would probally go with Henry.
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby sikoskul » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:52 pm

Don't feel bad if you end up with Henry, he's an excellent pickup right now with Buffalo's commitment to the run this year, or so they say. Plus he's worked on his hands (fumbles) this off season, which is the main knock on the guy. With Bledsoe at the helm and Moulds and Reed to throw to, defenses have to respect the air attack and won't be able to crowd the line. Henry is a great pick and definitely worth the eighth slot.

Running backs are the money position and if you can end up with Henry and a back like Lewis or W. Green on the back side of the second round, you'll have a great team. After the holy 4nity of WR's (Harrison, Owens, Moss and Moulds), there is alot of value in the next 10, and for the QB's, you can pick great, even late. ;-D
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby oklobbyist » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:10 pm

I recently drafted in an 8-team league...and drafted 8th. I got E. James and J. Lewis. Both good options.
oklobbyist
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:25 am

You should have a pretty good pick at 8. I wouldn’t hesitate to take Henry, I was floored when he fell to me at 11 in my 12 team league. He is set to have a year like Priest did last year, his numbers are comparable over the last 3 years. I think he is also in the last year of his contract so may have a little added incentive.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby GreenBay4Life » Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:47 am

thanks for the help guys i ended up with shaun alexander what a steal at the 8 spot. on the backside i hit big with stephen davis and then 3rd round charlie garner. my qbs stink with kitna and harrington and carr and griease. however i added some trading bait with o.smith and buckhalter as my rb backups. i think i did all right for a 12 team league.

2004: 2 League's 2 Championships
2005: 2 League's 2nd place and 6th place
2006: 1 league 2nd place
GreenBay4Life
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Draft day problem

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:08 am

GreenBay4Life wrote:guys need your help i have the 8th pick in a 12 team draft. obviously bc vick went down i have the hardest position to pick someone.

I think you have bigger problems if you were planning on taking Vick in the 1st before his injury.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ben_ffc » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:19 am

at first glance, your qb situation does look terrible. on second glance, too. but i happened to glance a third time, and upon some thought it occurred to me that kitna...yeah, bengals...is going to have a great year. i think he'll do exceptionally well. chad johnson, warrick, dillon, the addition of kelley washington and their new tight end, reggie kelley. the o-line is healthy, there's no qb controversy and kitna knows the offense inside out.
look for a surprising year.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:29 am

um, there is a QB controversy in CIN. Carson Palmer - #1 draft pick. And yes, they have been talking about when he will take over, not if he will.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ben_ffc » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:59 am

um, there is not a qb controversy in cincinnati.

kitna is the starter this year. the coaches, the management, palmer himself have all stated that the little booger needs at least a year to learn the offense. the 7-for-7 pre-season performance came against 3rd stringers, and while it was nice to see, it is no indication whatsoever that kitna's job is in any danger.

i live here, i watch the news, i have taken my lashes as a bengal fan. there is no qb controversy.

b
yeah...yes
Ben_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk