Dynasty Mock? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Dynasty Mock?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty Mock?

Postby Bennett4prez » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:48 pm

Hey, nothing against the guys that did the first Dynasty Mock, but there is NO WAY I would take a 30-year-old non-RB with the first overall selection. I was just wondering if anyone wanted to start up a new Dynasty Mock Draft to get some picks I can compare. Boy, Manning going #1 in a 2nd would certainly shut me up...

Anyway, I don't have enough time in the day to participate, but I wanted to throw it out there.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty Mock?

Postby mtryanks12 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:36 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:Hey, nothing against the guys that did the first Dynasty Mock, but there is NO WAY I would take a 30-year-old non-RB with the first overall selection. I was just wondering if anyone wanted to start up a new Dynasty Mock Draft to get some picks I can compare. Boy, Manning going #1 in a 2nd would certainly shut me up...

Anyway, I don't have enough time in the day to participate, but I wanted to throw it out there.

that was because of the 25/6 QB scoring I used in the mock. ;-D
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Evolution » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:46 pm

Also, it was because I wanted to see what the difference would be like if I took Peyton #1 overall in a league compared to one where I already took LT2 #1 overall. IMO, I dont feel bad about the pick with 2 good young RBs and their handcuffs, as well as Staley and Henry on that bench.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:59 pm

So by Manning going #1 in this one you can't use it as a reference point? I think Manning going #1 was a nice pick, given the scoring system used.

If he didn't go #1, I would pretty easily bet he would have gone top 3 or 4 at least.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:06 pm

manning wasnt a bad pick at all. i think you are the minority on this one B4P. he went 4th overall in a dynasty league i just drafted in , and i know all of us in the first 3 spots considered him also. 6 pt passing TDs are no joke.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:35 pm

I agree with the majority. One pick doesn't screw up the entire draft b/c he went against the "so called norm".

Also, I think everyone may be getting mocked out with all the mocks so far and leauge drafts taking place
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:02 pm

Doesn't Antsport mock drafts run a compilation of various draft types? That may be a good place to check into for comparison sake. Even so, Manning's 30, that gives him at least 6 more seasons of performance at this highest level. If you take a RB in his prime or pluck him right before it, he's probably around 24 years old and generally speaking, poop out by 30, which is the same 6 years. Why not take the QB? Especially in that type of scoring system.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:19 pm

B4P, instead of sitting there and calling out for a new dynasty mock and claiming you don't have time to participate in it, how about joining one?

I am sure people would love to critique your drafting skills with a bit more unique scoring systems. Evolution has been in a ton of mocks along with me this offseason and more often than not he has one of the strongest teams.

Just because you don't agree with a pick there is no reason to call for an entire new mock. I find it hard to believe you would agree with every pick in every draft. I know I wouldn't.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Classifieds