Lord Of The Rings VS. Star Wars - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Lord Of The Rings VS. Star Wars

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:31 am

34=Sweetness wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Well, the acting in LOTR was probably better.... LOTR had a better screenplay, as well, but here is what you have to consider there.... LOTR is an adaptation of one of the best series of books written in the past 200 years.... Maybe one of the most imaginative series of books EVER written... Peter Jackson was starting with an unbelievably well-written piece of material, and hitting it up with state of the art computer graphics.... Star Wars, on the other hand was an original work.... George Lucas dreamed it up on his own, and invented the necessary special effects to make his dream come to life....

Now if you want to get into a conversation about who is the bigger stud between George Lucas and J.R.R. Tolkien, I've got no problem telling you that Lucas hasn't got anything on him.... Tolkien is probably one of the most creative human beings to ever walk the face of the planet....

But if you're talking about George Lucas v. Peter Jackson, I have to say that Peter Jackson, although brilliant in his own right, is not fit to carry Lucas' pocket protector....

Uggh, Lucas isn't that great of a director:
Star Wars Ep 4: A New Hope- Good.
American Graffiti- Ok.
Star Wars Ep1 : Phantom Menace- Utter garbage
Star Wars Ep 2: Attack O the Clones- Also equally garbage
Star Wars Ep 3: Revenge of the Sith- Good.
2 Goods, 1 ok, 2 garbage doesn't make you some sort of great director. I'm not going to say Jackson is either, but he hasn't been directing as long. Though I will say both are good. Though I hated how dumb they made Frodo and Sam look at the end of RotK talking about strawberries and cream and other stuff like that. Your friends are getting owned at the Black Gate and you are fantasizing about food. Friggin hobbits. :-b

OK, you left off:

Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

AND

All the Indiana Jones movies....

Now, Peter Jackson has got LOTR and a bunch of B-movie horror flicks to his credit.... Honestly, there is no comparison....

I mean have you ever seen "Braindead" and "Bad Taste?"

Two different directors did ESB and RotJ, and Steven Spielberg did all the Indiana Jones movies, not Lucas. Lucas was the screenwriter for all 3 I believe though. Never seen the b-movies, but they can't be much worse than Episode 1 and 2, right? :-D Many people think Lucas directed 5 and 6, and all 3 Indiana Jones movies, but they would be wrong.

Spot on Sweetness! ;-D Most people think he directed the 5th and 6th and he didn't. Sadly you can tell he didn't by how well those movies were compared to the garbage that is his direction in episodes 1-3. :-t
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:41 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Two different directors did ESB and RotJ, and Steven Spielberg did all the Indiana Jones movies, not Lucas. Lucas was the screenwriter for all 3 I believe though. Never seen the b-movies, but they can't be much worse than Episode 1 and 2, right? :-D Many people think Lucas directed 5 and 6, and all 3 Indiana Jones movies, but they would be wrong.

OK, fine, then I will stand corrected on that....

But go check out "Braindead" and "Bad Taste." I assure you, they are VERY much worse than Episodes I and II....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Fri Jun 17, 2005 11:24 am

indiana jones, now THERES a trilogy
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:21 pm

myintrotoletyouknow wrote:indiana jones, now THERES a trilogy

Agreed, the first and third are good. Don't really like temple of doom and the whiny chinese kid, though. :-b
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:58 pm

34=Sweetness wrote: the whiny chinese kid, though. :-b

You mean all of the "Dr. Jones! Dr. Jones!"'s got to you? :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:33 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
myintrotoletyouknow wrote:indiana jones, now THERES a trilogy

Agreed, the first and third are good. Don't really like temple of doom and the whiny chinese kid, though. :-b

i hated that chinese kid but other than him i liked the temple of doom, especially that part when the priest rips that dudes heart out of his chest.

i think last crusade was my favorite, kinda hard not to like anything with sean connery
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:39 pm

MadScott wrote:

He was so much funnier in The Goonies. I have to agree, the second film does hurt the value of the Indy trilogy a little. If I had to choose an awesome trilogy that wasn't already mentioned, I'd have to say Back To The Future. I think all three films are outstanding. Same could be said for the Die Hard series.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:47 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
MadScott wrote:

He was so much funnier in The Goonies. I have to agree, the second film does hurt the value of the Indy trilogy a little. If I had to choose an awesome trilogy that wasn't already mentioned, I'd have to say Back To The Future. I think all three films are outstanding. Same could be said for the Die Hard series.

And of course the finest trilogy of them all:

The Godfather....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:52 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
MadScott wrote:

And of course the finest trilogy of them all:

The Godfather....

Godfather III anyone? :-b And none of the Back to the Futures were any good, Marty McFly.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:56 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
MadScott wrote:

i love the die hard trilogy, although like Indy, the second one wasnt as good
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk