Shaun Alexander - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shaun Alexander

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:15 am

Faulk has missed 2 games in each of the last 3 yrs.

2 months ago I would have been screaming Faulk at the top of my lungs, but I am starting to see the SA dream. The kid is in his 3rd yr, never had injury issues, has a better Oline this yr (not better than STL, but better than last yrs), and an easy schedule against the run. By the way - he only lost one fumble last yr too.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mudd » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:06 am

Alexander......here's MY reasoning.

Faulk has flat out said his ankle will never be the same, and he is the heaviest he has ever been coming into camp. Sounds to me like he will lose some of his quicks, which he is known for, and trying to add some power to his running (that is totally speculated). I just don't have faith in Faulk anymore.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DUKE » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:46 am

Mudd wrote: he is the heaviest he has ever been coming into camp.

not that i think faulk sucks or anything, but when i saw him last, he looked heavy to me. For a second, I thought London Fletcher was back with the Rams :-)
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby sikoskul » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:00 am

don't let the "inconsistent" moniker hanging over alexander scare you off. he's healthy, young and ready to run with an above average offense. faulk is a great player, but is on the verge of the is/was swap in one or two more years.
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:42 am

If every RB in the NFL was guaranteed to be healthy this year, Faulk is clearly the #1 guy. I have Faulk ranked 4th behind Portis, Williams and LT due to injury concerns. Alexander is 7th on my list behind Holmes and Deuce.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Shaun

Postby NFLknowitall » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:57 am

On last years draft rankings Alexander was #4 every where. He was inconsistant so this year he is around #5 or #6. But I'm expecting a big year out of him. Last year was his first year and the full time starter. He worked real hard in the off season with a track coach in Alabama and came into camp looking great and he is much quicker. The Defense won't be able to stack the line against him b/c of Hasselbeck, Robinson and D. Alexander. If you be even better if OT Walter Jones would get into camp. But the same could be said about Pace. If it's a keeper league I'd go with Shaun. Otherwise it's a little more even. But Shaun should have a great year.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby awwchrist » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:02 pm

Shuan Alexander thread # 17.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby culboarder » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:12 pm

well if you guys dont think faulk is better than alexander then what about deuce mcallister?!?!? the man is awesome and consistent....he ran for 100+ yds vs bucs twice last year....and look at his supporting cast brooks, horn, and stallworth....better than hawks cast!
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby iceman88 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:35 pm

I would say you are ok with either one, but I personally have Faulk listed higher on my board. I think the Rams have one of the best offensive lines in football and according to the website Fanball.com Pace is expected to accept a one year offer from the Rams within the next week.

Warner is back and looks good, and I think that will help Faulk out immensely. On the other hand, Alexander for the most part has been injury free and the main advantage he has is that St. Louis, San Fran, and Arizona all have weaker run defenses than Seattle so he may put up better numbers than Faulk against teams within the division.

If it was me, I would go Faulk though (unless something happens and Pace doesn't sign)
iceman88
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk