Is Koren Robinson overhyped ?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Koren Robinson overhyped ??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Xtreme » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:22 am

If you're looking at historical statistics, Boston in your man. But, last time I checked, it's this year's numbers that will win you games this year. No? That being said, I fully expect K-Rob to put up better numbers than Boston. He's on an offense that is well balanced (unlilke Boston), and K-Rob is headed up in his career, not down.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cupertino_11 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:42 am

Listen to Xtreme and Canadian Seahawk. Of course you "look" at last years numbers to gauge a player's progress, but don't use them for drafting purposes. Drafting a player is all based on future potential plus your own gut feeling. If choosing between Holt or KRob, in both cases it's not so much the receiver that's in question, but the QB. If Hasselbeck continues where he left off, KRob has #1 WR "potential". Likewise with Holt. If Warner resurfaces as his old MVP self, we all know he prefers throwing to Holt over Bruce. I'd be happy with either of them.

Coincidentally......and not to try and sway you one way or the other.......but this just off the PFW Fantasy Buzz.

"Buyer beware: Seahawks No. 1 WR Koren Robinson has dropped a pair of very catchable passes in each of Seattle’s preseason games."

Minor stuff I know.
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:26 am

Didnt Krob start to pick it up once D. Jackson went down? I like Krob, but my praise is muted - I dont think there will be enough TDs to go around in SEA to consider Krob will build too much on his numbers from last yr.

Boston is a better option - and yes, SD now has the ability to have a more balanced offense. Dont forget - the guy is a frickin horse with stick-um running through the secondary. He's only 25.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mudd » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:02 am

With addition of Boston to the Chargers, I would call their offense more balanced than Seattle's.

Krob's #'s were much better after Jackson went down.

IMO, Krob is not a #1 fantasy reciever, but Holt and Boston are.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby sikoskul » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:07 am

I'm sorry, but I still view Boston as a high priced decoy for LT. He definitely has the skill to put up some great numbers, but he has Brees throwing to him now, with no real threat at the other receiver. Seattle has two very good receivers and a great running back as well, defenses will have to honor all three and that will leave at least one option open. I'm willing to bet (and I have, since Krob is on all three of my teams so far) that Krob will get more looks and will produce the better numbers.
sikoskul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:37 am

A bit off topic, but I just read that Boston is up to 257 with 5.5% body fat. Damn. Good luck DBacks if he stays healthy. That's a big if though.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Fern » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:40 am

I believe Boston has the higher potential but I think it will come down to wether Brees can pick it up a notch. Oh and the chargers do have a good #2 reciever in Tim Dwight, he may not get alot of praise but this guy gets the job done, and has the ability to breakout for big plays. I would say all the pieces are there for Boston to have a stellar year, it's just a matter of Brees leading the way through some solid QB'ing.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Poobah » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:40 am

I give K-Rob (who I think is getting an awful lot of hype right now) a spot in the 2nd-tier, top 10, over Boston, for three reasons:

1) Hasselbeck is a better QB than Brees

2) Brees and Boston have not been given a great chance to develop chemistry because Boston has had a lingering injury

3) LT will steal far more catches than Alexander will, and Jackson will draw attention far above whoever ends up as the #2 WR in SD
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:12 pm

well I'll bump this come week 10 and see where we all sit.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby yoda83 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:21 pm

257? i can only assume youre just funnin aroun'. really, what's he weighing in at?

...and isnt caldwell SD's #2 WR?
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk