Is Koren Robinson overhyped ?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Koren Robinson overhyped ??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:00 pm

Excerpt from an article on ESPN:

Guys around the league just don't see how his weight could jump from 209 to 257 in three years. Or how he can have 21-inch biceps, a 34-inch waist and 5.5% body fat. Or how he can run the 40 in 4.3 seconds. Or how the sorry Cardinals could let such a physical specimen walk. Or how 30 other teams could let the Chargers scoop him up as a free agent for only 47 mil.

The gist of the article was that everyone thinks Boston is on some kind of growth hormone that doesn't show up in the tests and he'll probably get injured again this year/be out of the league in a couple years.

Oh, he also said he could get up to 290 if he wanted to, and that he would probably drop back down to 240 for opening day.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:11 pm

i think if conway can get 851 yds from brees in 12 games than boston can have a huge year. (no offense to conway though since he is on my team...)
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:20 pm

That would F***ing awesome if Boston could get up to 290 and keep his speed. He would probably pause to break the DBs over his thigh after catching a pass. He would throw Urlacher around like a little girl.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

DJ

Postby Vikes rock » Thu Aug 21, 2003 4:38 pm

Forget Krob...Darell Jackson is the real deal in Seattle. DJ will have just as high if not better numbers this year than Krob.
Vikes rock

Friendliness: %

Postby ondeckb » Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:43 pm

Look for Hasselbeck to surprise this year .....Koren will be riding his coattails.
ondeckb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Trainer of Dolphins » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:20 pm

I think Krob has potential, but he is over hyped he definitely isn't proven. He reminds me of A-Train last year
Trainer of Dolphins
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:25 am

Azrael wrote:That would F***ing awesome if Boston could get up to 290 and keep his speed. He would probably pause to break the DBs over his thigh after catching a pass. He would throw Urlacher around like a little girl.

lol - that would be pretty funny. I have visions of Thor tossing mere humans assunder as he stakes his claim to the mountaintop.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bubbamooch » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:50 am

I think Seattle is way too inconsistant. KRob is there #1 but a healthy Jackson can be there to take #'s away from him. Calling Shaun Alexander a great back is a gross overstatement. Yes, he had some awesome games, he's had some real lousy one too.

Boston is decent, but he's playing Martyball now and that's run, run, run first. How many great receivers played for him in cleveland or kc? Boston will make Brees a better qb, not the other way around.
Bubbamooch
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mudd » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:56 am

I agree Breez isn't the best. But he is adequate and can hit an open man. The play action pass will be HUGE in San Diego this year, and Boston will reep the rewards.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Boston....

Postby massraider » Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:48 pm

The question to me is health. I like K-Rob a lot this year, but having Jackson around will hinder the chance of a monster season. But Seattle has a great schedule, I really like their team this year.

San Diego, with Schottenhimer, will NEVER have a balanced offense. Schottenheimer probably sees Boston at 257 and dreams of him lead blocking for LT.

The over/under for Boston's injury should be week 5.
massraider
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk