ricky williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ricky williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

ricky williams

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:20 pm

i am a big fan of ricky's, but i am a little worried about him this year??....is it just me or does anyone else have the same feeling???

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby pfphlyerz » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:58 pm

I share the same feeling - I think it's Portis' year. Holmes is too banged up to be great (IMO). Faulk could make a good return to greatness....
Standard Scoring, NO PPR
pfphlyerz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Xtreme » Wed Aug 20, 2003 9:16 pm

I'm more worried about the Miami offense as a whole. Defenses know that they are no passing threat, and even though Ricky did well against some stacked front lines last year, it'll eventually start to wear him down this year. While I would still put him at #2, I think LT is a much better pick. Portis could have a break out year, or, he could falter, not sure about him yet. If I had to bet, I'd say count on Portis to be a top 3 back by year end. And as for Faulk, I have no doubt in my mind that he will return to #1 overall RB.
HIR? viewtopic.php?t=507654#p3396000

Beware the Buffalion!
Xtreme
Head Coach
Head Coach

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:42 pm

Don't worry about Ricky, he will be the top back for the second year in a row...and I'm a Pats fan...

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:29 pm

just a prediction, ricky will get same amount of yards, but less TD's. I think defenses are gonna load up in the redzone.

Postby culboarder » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:16 am

ill just say that ricky will NOT be #1 this year, it will be none other than FAulk
culboarder
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:04 am

I too fret about player’s prospects for the coming season, especially if I have that player. My rule of thumb is unless the player is Fragile Freddy I try not to let the chance of injury affect my thoughts on a player. If a player is coming off of a major injury then I take that into consideration. That is why I would not pick Faulk or Holmes with #1 or 2. Ricky may or may not get injured only time will tell. As one of the brilliant posters of this forum reminded us, he was a workhorse for Texas and he excelled. His injury could have been an abhor ration rather than a rule.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk