Whats the furthest you've gone to see a football game? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Whats the furthest you've gone to see a football game?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dave416 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:58 am

Not too far. I live and Philadelphia and drive the two hours to Baltimore to see the Bengals plays the Ravens every year. Hopefull i will get out to Cincy one day, but I would estimate that would be a 12-15 hour drive.
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:10 am

I went from Iowa to Florida for the Outback Bowl a few years back. Too bad I couldn't make it to the Capital One Bowl last year :-/ I've only been to 1 few NFL game.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:08 pm

Downtown for me! The vikes beat Miami baby! That was like 2 years ago..I don't go to many football games! I find the twins games are easier to go to.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:52 pm

Good luck trying to beat this one....I flew from Orlando to Seattle to go watch the Dolphins play the Seahawks last year. Of all the year's for the Fins to finally totally suck it had to be this one. My good buddy from college lives in Seattle so we had a great time.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:04 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I went to Ann Arbor, Michigan to see my Wolverines dominate in the Big House.

;-D
Same for me, although I've also gone to East Lansing to see the boys in maize and blue take out the Spartans at their home field ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:09 pm

I went to Seattle for a 'Hawks game... a whole four-hour drive! Crazy...

If baseball counts, I went to New York to boo the Yankees on their home field (same goes for the Mets at Shea). Well, that wasn't the purpose of the trip (as if I'd go out of my way to watch the Yankees!)... but I did do that while I was in town.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Sun Jun 19, 2005 9:56 pm

MadScott wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:From Michigan to California for a bowl game...Unfortunately not the Rose Bowl...but it was awesome. Had a great time!
The Holiday Bowl no doubt. Not like Michigan was in Pasadena much when you lived there. :-b

Not that far, but the wife and I have for the past 6 years driven 3 hours every home weekend to the 49ers games.

Sadly no..It was the Silicon Valley Bowl a few years back when my Spartans played and beat Fresno State. It was a blast man..And yeah, no bashing for the Silicon Valley Bowl. My wife and I went out there and it was an amazing time. The MSU hoops team was in a tourney out there too so we saw them play too, a Golden State game, a ton of great food and booze, and it was a week of fun.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:03 am

Hmmmm......

I suppose it would be when I drove to Miami to see FSU play Oklahoma in the National Championship game a few years back.... About an 8 hour trip.....

The furthest I've driven to see a pro game was to New Orleans, which is about 4 hours away.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:38 am

Not too far..........I live about 45 minutes from both Ford Field and the Silverdome. Thought about going to see the Lions play the Browns in 2001...glad I didn't (7 ints for Detmer)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby hastur » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:19 am

Went to San Diego for the Tampa/Oak Superbowl. Had a great time and it was cheap! My sister teaches Art at San Diego State so I had a free place to crash and got an airline ticket for $99!
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk