2005 General Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2005 General Talk

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:05 pm

Congrats Dream...That's great..Best of luck, and here's to a healthy mom and baby.... ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:00 pm

Congrats dream. Good luck and heres to a healthy happy baby!!! ;-D ;-D . Take care of yourself and the family and have a Very Happy Holidays.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:40 am

Congrats Dream! ;-D

Have a great Holiday with the new edition, and the rest of your family!!
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:32 am

Congrats! What a unbelievable Christmas gift. Hope everything goes soomthly and all are healthy.

ps-as much as we know you should, I don't recommend calling the new one DreamChild.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Calyxes » Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:37 pm

Congrats dream ;-D

I bet that your new baby could pick a team that would have beat me this year :-)
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby LT Blue Colt » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:32 pm

Congratulations Dream. ;-D Heres to your family's health. ;-D

Too bad he/she didn't hold off until the first of the year. Like 12:01 am. That would be cool. Anyway good luck and God bless.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Atog » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:00 pm

Watch as his son gets named "Todd" ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Looking back - Things I've learned....

Postby Santacruzer » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:28 pm

Looking back on this season, what are some of the things that people here have learned - about players, teams, the draft, or even our league?

I did better in leagues when I drafted something other than a RB in the first round. Outside of LT and Alexander (possibly Edge in this group), it has been yet another year of trouble with first round RBs (injuries like McAllister, Priest, Dillon, and dissappointments like McGahee, Jamal Lewis, the Jones', and so on).

I learned to never trust New England with their injury reporting.

I learned to still never take a Minny runningback.

I learned that Rudi is a second half runner. I still don't like the guy, but I wish had him on my roster for his last few games :-o .

I learned that the 3rd round was a very tough place for WRs this year. Our draft had Javon Walker, Joe Horn, Andre Johnson, Nate Burleson, and Michael Clayton. I'm sure that is not far off from many drafts this year.

I learned that Collins is still bad, even with talented WRs. Does this mean he will be in Detroit next year :-o ???

I learned that this is a great group, and a solid bunch of guys. I like the idea of the second league, with a bit of movement, but I don't want anyone to go.

Thanks guys for a great season!!!!!!!!!!
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LT Blue Colt » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:00 pm

I've learned that when the puter dies, call the ones you know with a working one. My father in-law is now my "Designated fantasy football assistant manager".

And I've learned more about drafting. That's the one thing I've always sucked in. It's not something you get to practice very often. I mean I'd probably try to join more mocks, but I don't want to mess 'em up, ya know? But, it's been getting better. Even though I took Brady pretty high, he was probably my best player. The huge lack of good WR's and poor choices at RB I think were my downfall.

And, as Santacruzer said, this is a pretty cool group we've got here. I can't wait til next year. I'll be considered the underdog, and hopefully can be a bit of a surprise. :-b
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:42 pm

I've learned that all my players, set aside Larry Johnson as of late, have been very streaky. Consistency is the game ;-D

I love this group of guys and I'm really happy to have another league staring up. What a great first season! ;-D ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League