2005 General Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2005 General Talk

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Postby LT Blue Colt » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:36 am

Great Sticky, Seabass. ;-D

Merry Christmas, or Hanauka, everybody! (Just remember, whatever one you celebrate, the other half is wrong. Quote from Bob & Tom. :-b ) And have a safe and happy new year!
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Fri Dec 30, 2005 12:41 pm

What I've learned this season is that there are precious few studly players in the NFL.

Watching Portis and Dillon underperform all season was a real eye-opener. I still don't understand why I didn't get more out of them.

Maybe a guy needs a stud at each position, whereas I thought I could roll with solid, but not spectacular WRS and QBs.

Mostly I've learned I still have a lot to learn, and in a hurry if I am going to stay in the elite KOJ league.

What I want to learn is how much it costs to land the number 1 or 2 draft positions. What say thee, Cruzer and MSB?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:12 pm

Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy New Years everyone! Thanks for the great season! ;-D ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:20 pm

Big congratulations Dream! Hope everything is going well over there ;-D

Just curious, was there a factor in selecting the name, like a meaning behind it, or was it just based on how much you liked it? I personally like the name ;-D ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:52 pm

Thanks to all who sent well wishes. Things are starting to get into a pattern at the Dream household and return to normal. It is still a bit of an adjustment even though you know what to expect with a second one. All are fine and I will be back around the cafe while at work. ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:54 pm

I have learned to stay away from QBs early. The problem was I waited a bit too long in most of my leagues.

I also learned that I think I need to start looking at a WR in the second round.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

I'm going to Vegas!

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:46 am

I won a free entry ($1000) into the WCOFF draftmasters for next year!!!!

There was a competition over at "Xpertsports" that I won!! I don't know if any of you guys are familiar with the Draftmaster stuff, but you draft your team like you would for any other (12 team) league, but you cannot add or drop players, and you "best possible lineup" is submitted for you each week, and the person with the most points (from all the leagues) wins.

I have never been to Vegas before(I have to go there to draft in person), so that is very exciting for me also!

Any of you guys ever been? Any tips, advice, etc?

Oh, here are the studs that won it for me:
(I had the 1st overall selection, and (*) designates the round I took that player in)

(4) Trent Green KCC did well enough obviously, but I had hoped for a better year out of him
(14) JP Losman BUF same as above, but more so

RB
(1) LaDanian Tomlinson SDC
(7) Larry Johnson KCC
(11) Mike Anderson DEN
(8) Ricky Williams MIA these 3 guys were great steals
(3) JJ Arrington ARI ughh. this guy found his way onto almost ALL of my rosters this year

WR
(2) Chad Johnson CIN
(6) Larry Fitzgerald ARI
(18) Joey Galloway TBB
(10) Donte Stallworth NOS
(13) Justin McCareins NYJ
(15) Rod Gardner GBP a bit of a headscratcher, I though he would move into the #2 spot for Carolina...

TE
(5) Jason Witten DAL
(9) LJ Smith PHI
(12) Chris Cooley WAS couldn't ask for a better trio for TEs

K
(17)Jeff Reed PIT
(20) Ola Kimrin wow. I know there wasn't much left in the 20th round but holy crap!

DT
(16) Redskins - DT WAS
(19) Seahawks - DT SEA
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Santacruzer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:53 am

I have found there to be more of an adjustment than I had originally thought with having the second one. I am getting even less sleep (nap times never seem to co-ordinate!)

I have slightly different hours than most people, so that could be the difference.

I wouldn't change it for the World though. There is nothing like having kids - they make me laugh everyday!!!!
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:23 am

You want to talk never getting into a pattern try having 3 kids. Its like anarchy here. Its also like Toys r Us threw up in my house every day! I wouldnt change it for the world though, my kids are the best. Everyday one of them does something to bring a smile to your face.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LT Blue Colt » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:27 am

Wow! Congratulations, Santa. Sounds pretty cool. So, are you going to Vegas this upcoming August? You're not going to miss the KOTJ draft are you? Lord knows you better not. :-b

Are you going to win a bunch of $ if you win the whole thing? Cause ofcourse that would be cool. Let us know how it goes when the time comes.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League