Who would you never draft and why? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who would you never draft and why?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby daullaz » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:15 pm

A few guys I would never draft under any circumstances:

Stephen Alexander and Mikhael Ricks, TE
Aaron Elling and Ola Kimrin, PK
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:48 am

Vick, Fred Taylor, Ricky Williams, Penny, Muhammed.

Vick: Sucks. Will always suck. Can't stop himself from sucking.

Taylor: Gets injured. Will always get injured. Can't stop himself from being injured.

Williams: Do I really have to explain this one?

Penny: Will never reach his expected level of fantasy potential, injury last season seals the deal.

Muhammed: Not really explosive to begin with, then signs with the Bears. Need I say more?
Last edited by Sixxgunn on Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:01 am

maddog60 wrote:Vick is the first that comes to mind. Minnesota RBs would probably rank 2nd on this list.
;-D Spot on for me too.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:14 am

portisfan24 wrote:
No player in undraftable at the right spot.

I gotta agree with this.... But there are players I will not draft where they have to be taken this year.... These would include:

1) Peyton Manning in the 1st round....

2) Randy Moss in the late 1st / early 2nd.....

3) Willis McGahee in the top 5 overall....

4) Marvin Harrison in the 2nd round....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:15 am

Vick was the first to come to my mind. Also, anyone drafted 2 rounds earlier than they are projected.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby tanner » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:34 am

Peerless Price, Brandon Stokley, any KC WR, David Carr, Brett Favre, David Terrell, Michael Bennett, Jake Plummer, ANY pittsburgh TE, Michael Vick.

Favre throws too many balls up for grabs, he's the single most overrated player in fantasy football.

Brandon Stokley has 1 good year under his belt, 2004..he's only had 2 season with 16 games played..for his career, he's averaged 9.1 games played per year. He got a contract extension at the end of last season, but he performed well just so he could sign a lucrative contract and ride off into the sunset with the $$...I doubt he comes even close to approaching his 2004 #'s..

Price is a free agent bust that Atlanta overpaid for, he's also got health problems that could force him into early retirement.

KC recievers are just bad.

David Carr is going to become this year's
version of Tim Couch. He possibly the worst QB in the NFL...

Plummer and Bennett are busts, they have talent but never live up to their potential, constantly teasing fantasy owners with hopes of striking gold..

David Terrell is the best WR, in his own mind.

Pittsburgh's TE's are accounting for just 19 catches per year under Bill Cowher. Even with Heath Miller on board, I have to see it to believe it before I draft a TE from Pittsburgh.

Vick is the 2nd most overrated fantasy player, behind Brett Favre..he throws as many int's as tds..he's got a putrid Completion %..Lousy pocket passer..he's the best RB in football..unfortunately, he plays QB.
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:41 am

tanner wrote:Plummer and Bennett are busts, they have talent but never live up to their potential, constantly teasing fantasy owners with hopes of striking gold..

Last year Jake Plummer was the #5 rated fantasy quarterback in most leagues, behind Culpepper, Manning, McNabb, and Trent Green....

For a guy that can be had in the 6th or 7th round, I'd say that's pretty damn good.... And DEFINITELY not a "bust."

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Santacruzer » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:04 am

I can't see how you can call Favre the most overrated player in FF, Tanner. Although I would like to see Favre do nothing, as he is a division rival of my Lions, he has been far from "overrated".

Last year, when many (including myself) thougth it better for the old man to retire, he posted 4088 yards passing, 30 TDs, with 17 INTs. I thought like you that he was throwing to many into the air waiting for the WRs to make the play, towards the end of the 2003 season. So I stayed away from him. My bad.

He is a guy who has not missed in game since Jesus played, and has averaged 3900+ yards the last 11 seasons, and 30+ TDs in just the last 4 even.
Santacruzer
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bellybrother » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:17 am

being a colts fan i pay close attention to that team. to say stokely had a career year and may never live up to those numbers again is a valid argument. one i don't agree with, but valid. he may never get those numbers again as a #3 receiver....but he might. but that's not the point i'm arguing. could happen that way. but to say he just played for the contract and will disappear is totally off base. very stand up guy. hand picked by manning after he became a FA from baltimore. he attended a manning football camp while still in high school. manning was sold on him then. we know what kinda football player manning is(hard work, intelligent, work ethis, etc), stokely's the same kinda guy. he may not get the same td's or balls thrown his way, but i wouldn't bet against it either.
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Irishhothead » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:35 pm

Response to AntiDraft players:

1) Barlow - for the last couple years, he's been so hyped up by
pro mock drafts, only to produce under-par
2) Bennett/Moore - pretty much any Minn. back, they're on the
RBBC extreme
3) Hakim - has had too many opportunities to step up, now that
his new home is NO, where Horn and Stallworth