Who would you never draft and why? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who would you never draft and why?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BillyK » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:46 pm

I was going to say Priest Holmes, after he burned me last year, but I picked him up at number 8 so there goes that.
BillyK
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Superman in Training » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:16 am

BillyK wrote:I was going to say Priest Holmes, after he burned me last year, but I picked him up at number 8 so there goes that.

I don't like him that much either, but it would be hard to pass him up as a #8. I just hope you got his Back ups then you are golden! ;-D
Superman in Training
Head Coach
Head Coach

Web Supporter

Postby CC » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:20 am

Kensat30 wrote:One of these years Vick is going to justify his draft selection. Just like with last year, "morons" who drafted Manning in the first round were rewarded with a record breaking performance (still probably lost in the playoffs). It's only a matter of time until Vick is able to justify a 3rd or 4th round draft pick IMO.

Remember 2002 when he was the #3 fantasy QB? Imagine if he actually gets some decent WRs to work with (Roddy White, Michael Jenkins, Alge Crumpler, Warrick Dunn). He did run for 900+ yards last year after all...

I agree with you Kensat, but who wants to be the chump that ends up getting burned on Vick four years in a row and then doesn't draft him the year he busts out. Let him prove he can be an effective fantasy weapon before you take him ahead of a Gonzalez, Gates, Holt, or Wayne.

Then again, after he does have his breakout year, everyone and their mother will be falling over themselves to draft him in the 1st round.

Vick is an excellent football player, one of the most valuable in the league, but he is not yet a good fantasy player.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Smizzy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:00 am

VaderFin wrote:Chad Pennington. Reasons? 1. Noodle arm 2. He's a Jet

You smell tuna?
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Smizzy » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:13 am

Any Pittsburgh Steeler besides Hines Ward.

Any Miami Dolphin.
Smizzy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:56 am

portisfan24 wrote:Well, I am going to assume you mean relevant players that actually have a shot of being drafted.

In that case, nobody.

Personal vendettas are a major downfall of many otherwise knowledgable fantasy players. I got burned last year because I avoided Tiki Barber at all costs. I passed him up in the 4th round. Stupid mistake.

No player in undraftable at the right spot.

;-D
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

fudge packers

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:52 am

I have never and will never ever ever ever draft Brett Favre. I cant stand that stupid redneck and he is gonna suck this year by the way. So glad to see fudge packers lose their whole offensive line. Favre aint gonna make it past week 6, and the pressure and hits he is gonna be taking is gonna lead to early retirement. Guy is a chump--I wouldnt take him with the last pick left in the draft even if my starting qb was trent dilfer!
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk