What Saddam has been saying in prison... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

What Saddam has been saying in prison...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flockers » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:22 pm

Cap'n Crunch Berries is the best cereal hands down.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby defianthart » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:25 pm

Flockers wrote:Cap'n Crunch Berries is the best cereal hands down.

i think fruity pebbles or the chocolate version(the count chocula one, cant think of the name now) are my favorite cereals.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:26 pm

VHawk15 wrote:
davidmarver wrote:Yeah, I guess freeing 40+ million people from tyrannical rule was a bad thing ;-7 .

Oh, really, that's what we were doing? Man, I had it all confused. The president was saying they had WMD, Bill O'Reilly was agreeing with you, and then half the country said it was for oil. Hmm... glad you cleared that up for me, I'm sure the Senate would've been pumped to go to war had Bush said "Saddam is a bad man" as opposed to "Saddam is a bad man that is about the nuke us all." No difference there, at all.

I'm sure those nearly 2,000 American soldiers that died would probably like to know the real reason, too. Care to send their family a postcard?

Edited to add- The 25,000+ Iraqi dead civilians' families and the 35,000+ Americans wounded may want postcards too. Ya know, just so you don't leave anyone out.

I don't want to get too political here, but lets weigh the differences here. 40+ million people with new freedoms and a democracy versus a combined 62,000 you listed. No, I'm not trying to be rude towards the soldiers (I have family that are marines) but there are more people in equation here than those than the press has statistically presented to you.

And to call all the dead Iraqi's "civilians" is incredibly misleading. Included in those numbers are Saddam's soldiers, army, and leftover radical Muslims in Iraq that fought American troops over there.

And don't tell me to send postcards to the families of dead America soldiers until you send postcards to the families of dead Iraqis at the hands of Saddam's tyranny.

And that's the last I'm saying. Don't want to piss off the mods.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:38 pm

davidmarver wrote:And don't tell me to send postcards to the families of dead America soldiers until you send postcards to the families of dead Iraqis at the hands of Saddam's tyranny.

And that's the last I'm saying. Don't want to piss off the mods.

I see what you're saying man, but the American government based on every social contract is responsible for the safety of it's own people, and to only use the military when they are absolutely needed. I hate to sound insensitive, but the Iraqi's weren't really our problem. It shouldn't be America's job to take every "bad man" out of power, or else we would be fighting 1,000 wars at once. There are many other leaders still in power that are even worse to their own people than Saddam was.

But, once again, the key issue here is that if Bush would've came to the Senate, asking for permission to go to war, and used the argument that "Saddam is a bad man, and we need to take him out of power", then this war would've never even started. We only went to war because everyone thought that the country was in immediate danger.

But, anyway, this is my last political post as well.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk