O. Smith, Barlow, or Zeroeue? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

O. Smith, Barlow, or Zeroeue?

Moderator: Football Moderators

O. Smith, Barlow, or Zeroeue?

Postby Andy1234 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:09 am

Out of these 3 RB who do you think will put up the most Yardage and Most TDs?

And do you think that even if Smith does well, that when Bennett returns he will lose any oppertunity to produce? Or how do you see that playing out?
Andy1234

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby SinCity » Thu Aug 21, 2003 3:21 am

Make it a little harder will ya... hehe O:-)

I think that O.Smith will be spliting time with Chapman anyway in Minn. It's unclear who they will be going with on the goaline. Barlow same thing.... yards and spliting time and unsure about the goalline. Ditoo on Amos Zeroeue.

I do think that Amos will get more yards than the others.
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TyceBunn » Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:06 am

from what i understand zeroe will be the starter in pitt..if that holds true then amos is your man
TyceBunn
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cupertino_11 » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:26 am

Dunno about the rest of you, but I have a sneaking suspicion that after the first few games Onterrio Smith will be the starter (ala Clinton Portis) and will only have to contend with Mighty Moe on the goal line carries. I think in SF and Pitt, barring injuries, you'll see the one-two punch almost all season. One other factor......Minnesota's line is in much better shape than Pitt's or San Fran's. I'd say Smith is the pick here. ;-D
Cupertino_11
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LeftyQB » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:27 am

Initially I'd say Zeroeue because he's been named the starter. Right now Chapman is the starter in Minn, but the coaches would love for Smith to take over at some point...same story in SF, where Hearst may be the starter, but they really want Barlow in there for the long haul. Tough call...if I had to chose one now, it'd be Zeroeue.
LeftyQB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mudd » Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:29 am

Amos is the starter, and I don't Bettis will be there much longer. I wouldn't be suprised to see Bettis in Tampa or Dallas soon.

Smith and Barlow are coaches favorites. 9er coaches are saying that Barlow's blocking is better and they won't hesitate to use him on 3rd downs this year.

All that said, right now, I would go Amos, Barlow, Smith in that order.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby kentric » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:37 pm

Barlow. I think by mid-year he takes on 80% of workload and ends up with 1500 total yards and 12 TDs. At least I hope he does as I've got him in a number of leagues. :)
kentric
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby pfphlyerz » Thu Aug 21, 2003 1:49 pm

Amos
Barlow
Smith

Barlow and Smith are a bump as I see it and I like the fact that Zereoue has been named starter. This has pissed Bettis off - he'll be gone I think and possibly soon. He wants it and I think they'll grant it.
Standard Scoring, NO PPR
pfphlyerz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Guru » Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:30 pm

Famous Amos - He's the starter in Pitt. He will lose goaline carries to the Bus all year but he still will put up big numbers.

Onterio Smith - By week 3 or 4 he will be the starter. Similiar to Amos he will lose the goaline carries to Moe Williams. He's O-line is one of the best in the NFL this year so his numbers will be very impressive

The only reason I have Smith behind Amos is b/c Amos is the starter right now, Smith has to earn that spot. Once he does these 2 will put up similar numbers week to week. Neither Amos or Smith will be this years Portis b/c they both lose goaline carries.

Barlow - Hearst has been named the starter. Unless Hearst gets hurt Barlow will be the backup all year. So I think he is a waist of a bench spot. I'm tired of waiting for Barlow to become the starter, I realized that this will never happen.
"Let's hug it out"
The Guru
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk