Boy Scout found - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Boy Scout found

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hastur » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:05 pm

oops, I thought this was a Michael Jackson thread...
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:06 pm

hastur wrote:oops, I thought this was a Michael Jackson thread...

Nice ;-D :-b

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:47 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Aww, and here I thought a mountain lion had dragged him off. :-b
Guess its good they found him. But he doesn't have a good sense of direction? Didn't learn much in the boy scouts then, did we?

This 11-year old survived four days in the wilderness alone. I'm guessing he learned SOMETHING in the Boy Scouts.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:14 am

Warpigs wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Aww, and here I thought a mountain lion had dragged him off. :-b
Guess its good they found him. But he doesn't have a good sense of direction? Didn't learn much in the boy scouts then, did we?

This 11-year old survived four days in the wilderness alone. I'm guessing he learned SOMETHING in the Boy Scouts.

Yeah, but he got lost and wandered 5 miles away from his camp. Isn't that something they teach you in there?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:44 am

pretty amazing he survived that long. curious as to the details of things he ate, etc. good to hear he is ok ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:46 am

They also said he carried no food or water.

Isn't the motto of the boy scouts....always be prepared.

This along with the bad sense of direction does not make him a very good boy scout.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:47 am

he's 11. cut him a little slack. just glad he was found.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:51 am

Don't get me wrong I am glad he was found and OK, but like I've seen elsewhere, I could understand if he was 6 or 7, but an 11 year old...come on
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Warpigs » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:39 pm

11 is the age that kids can start boy scouts. For all we know, this was his first campout -- at most his second or third overall. The territory up there can be pretty tricky from what I heard. Of course, the adult leaders must have been snoozing or something for him to get that far away without knowing what was going on. Still, scouting-wise, he would have been pretty green overall -- and there's no guarantee that the troop he's with is all that organized or properly prepared for stuff like this. I've seen some yahoo-adults in charge of troops that could have been this neglectful. All the more reason to get involved yourself.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:53 pm

Warpigs wrote:11 is the age that kids can start boy scouts. For all we know, this was his first campout -- at most his second or third overall. The territory up there can be pretty tricky from what I heard. Of course, the adult leaders must have been snoozing or something for him to get that far away without knowing what was going on. Still, scouting-wise, he would have been pretty green overall -- and there's no guarantee that the troop he's with is all that organized or properly prepared for stuff like this. I've seen some yahoo-adults in charge of troops that could have been this neglectful. All the more reason to get involved yourself.

Do you mean actual Boy Scouts or like the organization? Because Tiger Scouts is like 1st grade, Cub 2nd and 3rd, Wolf 4th, Webelos like 5th/6th grade, and then actual boy scouts. So if he's 11, he'd be a Webelo. I remember when I was in it, we went on our first camp out in like the 2nd year of Cub Scouts. So he probably should have had some experience.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk