Miner!!!!! Dont tell me we found your "secret" league host? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Miner!!!!! Dont tell me we found your "secret" league host?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Miner!!!!! Dont tell me we found your "secret" league host?

Postby nebbie2004 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:46 pm

Here's one for The Miner Part 2, your secret is safe with us, ;-D

A League With Pride
Outsports Co-launches Gay Fantasy Football League Web site

Visit the Gay Fantasy Football League Web site!

Discuss and find friends to form a league

Outsports.com and Bowl-Bound Ventures have teamed up to launch the first fantasy football Web site designed specifically for gay NFL fans and their fantasy football leagues.

It's a first of its kind… An Internet fantasy football league for the gay NFL fan. The Gay Fantasy Football League site features not only weekly competition, but also live chat, personals, an advice column, and of course some good spirited trash talking.

Participants can choose from three leagues. The Blitz league is a free fantasy football for those who like a simple format. It is perfect for beginners or those who don’t want to spend lots of preparation time. The All-Pro leagues are the traditional 12-team leagues where participants draft before the season and manage their team. Another option offered is “Your GFFL.” “Your GFFL” is a customizable league for those groups that have 10-12 participants that want to set up their own league. You tell us what you want and we set it up. GFFL offers some of the best functionality anywhere on the Web and a bit more.

“We are extremely excited to join Outsports.com in promoting a fantasy football league where gay participants will feel connected through league competition and daily content,” said Mick Parsons, director of marketing for Gayfantasyfootball.com.

Outsports.com President Cyd Zeigler, who has played fantasy football for many years, says the Web site will feature top-notch innovations for the most discriminating fantasy football fan. “At Outsports.com, we’ve dedicated ourselves to building the strongest, highest-quality online community for gay sports fans and athletes. This new joint venture is an extension of that community, with the same dedication to excellence.”

It is believed that fantasy football evolved in the 1960s, when two guys from Oakland, Calif., created the game in a New York hotel. Since the 1960s and the emergence of the Internet, fantasy football has spread like wildfire. It is estimated that over 15 million sports fans now participate in this addictive hobby. From San Francisco to Savannah, NFL fans are not only cheering on their favorite teams, but are pulling for their fantasy players. Fantasy football has brought together co-workers, families, former college roommates, and now for the first time, gay NFL fans.

Outsports.com is a California-based company founded in 2000. Outsports' mission is to build the broadest, deepest, most informative and most entertaining gay sports community. This encompasses sports fans, teams and leagues. A mixture of breaking news, commentary, features, member profiles, photo galleries, and discussion boards, Outsports is the place to go for sports fans and athletes. Nothing like Outsports exists either on- or off-line.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:13 pm

features not only weekly competition, but also live chat, personals, an advice column, and of course some good spirited trash talking.

We are only missing one thing off that list, and with the way MTR reveals information, we almost have it anyway :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:00 am

Eh? I don't think Miner will like that....
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A2theIzzo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:03 am

Tiki wrote:Eh? I don't think Miner will like that....

Hah, im thinkin same thing ;-7
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:48 am

Ah..So I'm not the only one who didn't think this was funny. :-°
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:49 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Ah..So I'm not the only one who didn't think this was funny. :-°

nope.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:41 am

I think its a riot. :-b

I sure am glad my fantasy leagues dont have a Personals section. :-o
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JohnnyUnitas » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:01 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Ah..So I'm not the only one who didn't think this was funny. :-°

nope.

Amen :-?
JohnnyUnitas
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:28 am

I thought it was funny ;-D

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby black_hawk8888 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:33 am

Not cool
Major props to the sig master. Deluxe is da man!
black_hawk8888
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Still staring in horror as Palmer's knee buckles on the 2nd snap of the game...

Next

Return to General Talk