Propane tanks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Propane tanks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Propane tanks

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:54 am

Does anyone have any kind of meter for a gas grill propane tank and do they work? It seems like i run out of gas alot, and was thinking of buying a meter but wanted to see if they actually work before i buy one. Also what kind of meter do you have?

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:02 am

I'd save your money on the meter and get another tank. That's what we did. That way, when you run out of gas, you always have a full tank to spare. It saves you from rushing out all the time when you run out of gas. You always have a full tank in the garage. It's a lot easier.

Plus, what do you do when you notice the gas is getting low? You still have to return the tank to get another one so do you just waste what is left or do you just know that you will probably have to run to the gas station right in the middle of cooking dinner?
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:04 am

kevinoc81 wrote:I'd save your money on the meter and get another tank. That's what we did. That way, when you run out of gas, you always have a full tank to spare. It saves you from rushing out all the time when you run out of gas. You always have a full tank in the garage. It's a lot easier.

Plus, what do you do when you notice the gas is getting low? You still have to return the tank to get another one so do you just waste what is left or do you just know that you will probably have to run to the gas station right in the middle of cooking dinner?

We have a winner! ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:10 am

kevinoc81 wrote:I'd save your money on the meter and get another tank. That's what we did. That way, when you run out of gas, you always have a full tank to spare. It saves you from rushing out all the time when you run out of gas. You always have a full tank in the garage. It's a lot easier.

I have thought of this, the only thing is knowing me i would run out of gas with the first, throw it in the garage and then run out the second putting me back where i started. I think i will buy an extra tank today anyways, but i would still like to know if the meters work so i could stick them on the tanks.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:19 am

Yeah the extra tank is huge..I rotate them about every couple months I think. We grill out most every night so they go pretty fast. Probably faster if we rotisserie a lot.

Our grill has a meter based on weight, and is pretty close, but not exact..

It's well worth the purchase of an extra tank in my opinion man.

Happy grilling dude ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:28 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Yeah the extra tank is huge..I rotate them about every couple months I think. We grill out most every night so they go pretty fast. Probably faster if we rotisserie a lot.

Our grill has a meter based on weight, and is pretty close, but not exact..

It's well worth the purchase of an extra tank in my opinion man.

Happy grilling dude ;-D

Cool, all im lookin for is close. Im gonna have to check into this more.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby hastur » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:34 am

After a while of trying it and testing, you'll be able to lift it and get a general idea of how much is left.

I have now typed this sentence 7 or 8 times trying to figure out how to say this without seeming snooty or self-rightous, so you'll forgive me if it seems self involved :-o :

True BBQ=SMOKE+TIME. Buy a chimney(metal cylinder with wooden handle) and a basic non-gas grill. Go to your local bookstore and buy "The Barbecue Bible" by Steven Raichlen.

Its much more involved and more time, but for the best BBQ you've ever had, this is the only way to go.

Page 242.....Beer can chicken. WOW! just WOW!
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:42 am

hastur wrote:After a while of trying it and testing, you'll be able to lift it and get a general idea of how much is left.

I have now typed this sentence 7 or 8 times trying to figure out how to say this without seeming snooty or self-rightous, so you'll forgive me if it seems self involved :-o :

True BBQ=SMOKE+TIME. Buy a chimney(metal cylinder with wooden handle) and a basic non-gas grill. Go to your local bookstore and buy "The Barbecue Bible" by Steven Raichlen.

Its much more involved and more time, but for the best BBQ you've ever had, this is the only way to go.

Page 242.....Beer can chicken. WOW! just WOW!

That guy has a cooking show on PBS, and he uses a big shiny propane grill. What a hypocrite. :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:44 am

hastur wrote:Go to your local bookstore and buy "The Barbecue Bible" by Steven Raichlen.

Raichlen also has a "How to Grill" book I got earlier in the year as a present from Mrs. Swiper. Has some very good recipes in it. Making your own seasonings, rubs, etc. is awesome.

Beer can chicken? Nice. It's good. I have really used the way he grills corn on the cob with the husks opened up. Turns out great.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:28 am

man, you guys are making me hungry. my family doesnt grill nearly enough but we have a charcoal grill, sometimes we go with the wood chips, those things rock
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to General Talk