Fred Taylor news and Ty Law in JAX - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fred Taylor news and Ty Law in JAX

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:22 pm

I think this article pretty much tells you why Law hasn't been signed by anyone yet. The guy is 31 and coming back from a major injury and he wants to be paid like it's 3 years ago.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/foot ... hins-front
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:24 pm

From all these reports, it really doesn't look like Freddy is going to be 100% by Week 1.

I'm counting on Travis Henry or Alvin Pearman getting the touches.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:33 pm

VHawk15 wrote:From all these reports, it really doesn't look like Freddy is going to be 100% by Week 1.

Not to get too far from Fred Taylor talk, but I agree with keeping an eye on Henry. At worst he plays backup to McGahee and starts there if he gets hurt. More likely he gets traded for a 3rd pick and ends up the starter where he lands. He should go to someplace where he could produce.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:04 pm

VHawk15 wrote:From all these reports, it really doesn't look like Freddy is going to be 100% by Week 1.

What happened to Toefield?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:42 pm

Yeah, when did Pearman leapfrog Toefield?
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:48 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:

What happened to Toefield?

Nothing. This is just a VHawk conjecture, based on Toefield's production in the past, and what the Jacksonville coaches have been saying about both back-ups.

Bart Hubbuch, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars rookie RB Alvin Pearman has been impressive during the team's weekend minicamp. He has made the most of his practice repetitions, drawing praise from the coaching staff for his speed and quick cuts. Pearman is getting his chance to play because starting RB Fred Taylor (knee) is sitting out the minicamp after undergoing knee surgery.

Promising.

Vic Ketchman, of Jaguars.com, reports Jacksonville Jaguars rookie RB Alvin Pearman is making a strong bid to be the team's third-down back. Pearman has been showing off his pass-catching abilities at the team's passing camp practices this week. It's doubtful he can be the team's feature back, but the third-down role seems to be a perfect fit. "I have my sights set on being the best football player I can be," Pearman said following morning practice Wednesday, May 18. "I'm highly competitive and have a lot of heart. I'm the kind of player who does what it takes. That's how I describe my game."

To be making a strong bid for a 3rd down back role when Taylor and Toefield are both in front of you on the depth chart says something. This is exactly what was said about Domanick Davis in his rookie year.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby FantasyManiac24 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:15 pm

jax needs an all-pro like law in their defense. if taylor stays healthy and gets goal-line opps (for some reason) he can be a top 5-10 back in this league. i don't understand why del rio doesn't give him a chance! :-°
FantasyManiac24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:17 pm

FantasyManiac24 wrote:jax needs an all-pro like law in their defense. if taylor stays healthy and gets goal-line opps (for some reason) he can be a top 5-10 back in this league. i don't understand why del rio doesn't give him a chance! :-°

That's just the problem. He can't stay healthy and he won't get the goal-line touches. They didn't spend a 2nd round pick on Greg Jones to watch him ride the pine.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby FantasyManiac24 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:05 pm

bagobonez wrote:
FantasyManiac24 wrote:jax needs an all-pro like law in their defense. if taylor stays healthy and gets goal-line opps (for some reason) he can be a top 5-10 back in this league. i don't understand why del rio doesn't give him a chance! :-°

That's just the problem. He can't stay healthy and he won't get the goal-line touches. They didn't spend a 2nd round pick on Greg Jones to watch him ride the pine.

well i taylor has played in 44 of the past 46 games jax has played. but i must admit that you brought up a very good point about greg jones. maybe jax should trade taylor? i don't know, im just throwing it out there :-b
FantasyManiac24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:53 am

Nobody can trade any RBs now. How could Jax trade Taylor?
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk