Fred Taylor news and Ty Law in JAX - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fred Taylor news and Ty Law in JAX

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HoleInTheWallGang » Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:30 pm

I don't think Taylor will be worth any consideration in drafts this season, because I read recently that he had two ligament tears; an MCL AND an PCL. Do to Fed's fragility even if he can start the season its just a matter of time before he's hurt again. And with a possable trade for Henry in the cards ol' Freddie may just be happy riding the pine tar in Buffalo.
HoleInTheWallGang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:21 pm

V wrote:To be making a strong bid for a 3rd down back role when Taylor and Toefield are both in front of you on the depth chart says something. This is exactly what was said about Domanick Davis in his rookie year.

What it tells you is that Pearman is a different kind of RB. Pearman is 5'9, 208. Toefield is 5'11, 232, hardly the frame and receiving skills needed to be in there on critical 3rd down, passing plays.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:50 pm

bagobonez wrote:
FantasyManiac24 wrote:jax needs an all-pro like law in their defense. if taylor stays healthy and gets goal-line opps (for some reason) he can be a top 5-10 back in this league. i don't understand why del rio doesn't give him a chance! :-°

That's just the problem. He can't stay healthy and he won't get the goal-line touches. They didn't spend a 2nd round pick on Greg Jones to watch him ride the pine.

He plays FB back for them.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:11 pm

Not that it means much, but isn't Chris Fuamatu Maafala still an option for the Jags near the goal line?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk