D. Jackson- Steel of the draft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

D. Jackson- Steel of the draft

Moderator: Football Moderators

D. Jackson- Steel of the draft

Postby Steel Curtain » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:21 am

K-Rob, Hasslebeck, and Alexander have been getting a lot of hype this year and I believe probably deservedly so. But the Seahawk who continues to fly under the radar is Darrell Jackson. I do believe K-rob will have a fine year. But from what I've seen he is getting drafted pretty close to where he will probably produce. Jackson however is going somewhere between the 7th or 8th round and I believe just might produce like a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Those are the players that win you championships! Let's compare him to Joe Horn. For the season Jackson averaged 73 yds. per game, had 4 td's, and averaged 5.16 receptions per game. Horn for the season averaged 82 yds. per game, had 7 td's and 5.63 receptions per game. But over the final 6 games, after Jackson returned from an injury that knocked him out of action (litteraly) for 4 weeks, Jackson averaged 83 yds. per game, had all 4 of his td's, and averaged 5.33 receptions per game. Over that same stretch Horn averaged 68 yards per game, had just 1 td, and averaged 5 receptions per game. So while I would be pleased to get Horn in the 3rd (of a 12 team draft), or K-rob in the 4th or 5th, I will be estatic to get Jackson in the 7th or 8th.
Why did I get a steelers tatoo? It's the only thing I knew I would love forever.
Steel Curtain
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LeftyQB » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:45 am

Sounds like a good plan. I too think Jackson will surprise this year, especially if Hasslebeck and K-Rob play up to their potential and Alexander continues his rise.
LeftyQB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Mudd » Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:54 am

I drafted Darrell Jackson in the 14th round. I think he will end up my #3 reciever.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby DUKE » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:24 am

I'm excited about DJax this year. I took KRob and then saw DJax was available very late, so I picked him up to monopolize the Seattle WR's.
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Poobah » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:36 am

Mudd wrote:I drafted Darrell Jackson in the 14th round. I think he will end up my #3 reciever.

What kind of league would that happen in?!? Nice steal... I have him right about #20 on my WR chart right now, so if he's there in round 7, I'll nab him...
Poobah
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby moochman » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:13 pm

I was happy to see him in the 9th round in my 12-team league. I’m glad to hear you think so highly of him, you’re making choosing my starting 3 wrs harder than ever!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby mister N » Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:35 pm

i agree, he kind of reminds me of price in buffalo last year...
'tis the season
mister N
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BronxBomber9201 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 1:06 pm

Think Hines Ward and Plaxico Burress when you think of Jackson and Robinson. They are 2 different WRs who will compliment each other well. Both will be outstanding receivers.
BronxBomber9201

Friendliness: %

Postby gogmen » Mon Aug 25, 2003 4:10 pm

Seahawks got the weakest schedule in football.
gogmen
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Goose » Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:07 pm

Agree with you all. I think Jackson is likely to produce stats similar to K-Robs--defenses will be focusing on K-Rob leaving D-Jax to produce. Just hope Walter Jones' absence doesn't get Hasselbeck killed.
Goose
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk