So is Yahoo the best? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So is Yahoo the best?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:28 pm

I don't see what the Yahoo hate is for. I mean, the only knack against it is the lack of live scoring and divisions. Otherwise, its a great, customizable, FREE, system. The other free leagues cannot match Yahoo's interface (ESPN), or customization level (NFL.com). You can also run money leagues off Yahoo, and all the money goes into the league pot, not $70 going to some league site.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pjluva10 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:44 pm

Ive always liked the free league on Yahoo. It fits the format of our league. If you are looking for divisions or what not then its not the right site.
Pjluva10
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:51 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:I don't see what the Yahoo hate is for. I mean, the only knack against it is the lack of live scoring and divisions. Otherwise, its a great, customizable, FREE, system. The other free leagues cannot match Yahoo's interface (ESPN), or customization level (NFL.com). You can also run money leagues off Yahoo, and all the money goes into the league pot, not $70 going to some league site.

thank you.

Ive played on a lot of formats - but I still think Yahoo's interface is as good if not better than any of the pay sites. Its easier to use and faster to load IMO.

If you still want a pay site - go with myfantasyleagues.com - nothing but good reviews from people that use it.

NFL and CBS - basically the same thing - are clunky and have had problems with the draft software for years now.
ESPN is newer and still has kinks - not to mention they still dont have the ease of use that Yahoo's interface has.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

rtsports.com

Postby hwkyetkd11 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:43 pm

I am currently using yahoo for my free league and it is okay. Would be excellent with live scoring and divisions! For a pay site I have been using http://www.rtsports.com for 3 years now and lov eit! It offers most everything a basic league would need and is easy to set up.
hwkyetkd11
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:21 pm

As far as freebies go, I think Yahoo is the best. Remains to be seen what NFL.com provides in it's freebies (they had free trial leagues at the end of last year for 4 weeks I think it was- it was okay but I wasn't overly impressed.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:43 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:I don't see what the Yahoo hate is for. I mean, the only knack against it is the lack of live scoring and divisions. Otherwise, its a great, customizable, FREE, system. The other free leagues cannot match Yahoo's interface (ESPN), or customization level (NFL.com). You can also run money leagues off Yahoo, and all the money goes into the league pot, not $70 going to some league site.

thank you.

Ive played on a lot of formats - but I still think Yahoo's interface is as good if not better than any of the pay sites. Its easier to use and faster to load IMO.

If you still want a pay site - go with myfantasyleagues.com - nothing but good reviews from people that use it.

NFL and CBS - basically the same thing - are clunky and have had problems with the draft software for years now.
ESPN is newer and still has kinks - not to mention they still dont have the ease of use that Yahoo's interface has.

Yeah, I heard good things about myfantasyleague.com also. If Yahoo added divisions, they'd be near perfect for a free league. The one year I did NFL in 02 (free), the draft thing was so clunky that it wouldn't let me hit the select button. I sat there trying to draft Ricky Williams (who was like a consensus top 2 pick) and then I was pissed when I got SA (yes Virginia, this was the year he scored 6 TDs in one game.) So I sorta lucked out there. :-b But I've had nothing but good experiences on Yahoo, and I often think people hate on it because its free and just because of the name.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby socceryank » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:50 pm

We've used Yahoo for 4 years now, bought the Plus league last year which gave us division and statracker, and we liked it a lot. Never any problems with the site going down.

I have a question about myfantasyleagues.com; when I went to check out the site, it looks like it is run by CBS Sportline, which I heard sucks. Is it run by CBS or is it a separate entity?
socceryank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:58 pm

I use Fanball.com in one of my leagues. It's pretty awesome! I like it better than Yahoo! Just a great PAY! site over all
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:07 pm

socceryank wrote:We've used Yahoo for 4 years now, bought the Plus league last year which gave us division and statracker, and we liked it a lot. Never any problems with the site going down.

I have a question about myfantasyleagues.com; when I went to check out the site, it looks like it is run by CBS Sportline, which I heard sucks. Is it run by CBS or is it a separate entity?

myfantasyleague.com is nothing like cbs. nfl.com sends you to cbssportline.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

gratitude

Postby georgiadawg » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:48 am

Wow. Thanks to the cafe for the great feedback to my first post. You guys are great. After reading all the responses it sounds like it is about 50/50 regarding Yahoo. Although having a free site is nice, I think my leagues have been using Yahoo in the past out of a combination of convienence and familiarity. My main league is fairly large and we have our own equally large entry fee, so paying up for a more sophisticated interface/format/stats is not an issue. It doesn't sound like the NFL.com scene is going to be substantially better. If there is a pay site that is totally worth switching to I'd love to hear more.

Like Jamal Lewis in prison,
I'm out
georgiadawg
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk