TO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TO

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:53 pm

Maybe he'll request a trade to the Giants to spite the Eagles.

Just a thought... ;-7
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:20 pm

he doesn't have any leverage however. They don't have to trade him. That is the thing -- the eagles don't have to do anything. let him hold out, from what I understand he isn't "earning time" to be free of his contract. so he will be that much further from being free and not getting paid.

which is why almost all of the holdouts end up coming back.

they aren't going to trade him.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:31 pm

Remember, that fat contract wasn't enough to feed his family. How's he gonna feed them if he is unemployed? Like athlete's foot, he gets under your skin and he'll be back.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jhoefen » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:38 pm

Atlanta!! It's his home town and he's already mentioned he'd like to play there.
jhoefen
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:41 pm

he would sure get his stats there ...
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby defianthart » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:43 pm

jhoefen wrote:Atlanta!! It's his home town and he's already mentioned he'd like to play there.

i would love to see TO in atlanta so vick can actually have someone to throw to but i dunno if hed like to take the back seat to vick, who will be the #1 guy in a-town as long as hes there.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:57 am

defianthart wrote:
jhoefen wrote:Atlanta!! It's his home town and he's already mentioned he'd like to play there.

i would love to see TO in atlanta so vick can actually have someone to throw to but i dunno if hed like to take the back seat to vick, who will be the #1 guy in a-town as long as hes there.

TO's said repeatedly when the 40ers had him, he wanted a QB who could make him look even better. Vick can't throw as is, he's the last QB TO would want.

Besides, talking about TO on Atlanta, or Minny, or any other good NFC team is nonsense. The Eagles would sit him for the year and let him hold out, rather than give a team that could face them in the playoffs a weapon like TO.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby defianthart » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:09 am

maddog60 wrote:
defianthart wrote:

TO's said repeatedly when the 40ers had him, he wanted a QB who could make him look even better. Vick can't throw as is, he's the last QB TO would want.

Besides, talking about TO on Atlanta, or Minny, or any other good NFC team is nonsense. The Eagles would sit him for the year and let him hold out, rather than give a team that could face them in the playoffs a weapon like TO.

ive seen vick play ever since high school, the guy can throw. but having a discussion about whether or not vick is acutually a good QB, is like having a political discussion. me and vick 4 mayor will always be saying hes a good QB and everyone else will just say no.

and this whole thread is nonsense because the eagles arent gonna trade TO. the whole thing is what ifs.
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joshyboy72 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:50 am

He stays for the Eagles this year. Misses no games, and puts up huge numbers. Gets everyone excited.

Until they cut him next season. I forget where I heard this, on ESPNews I think, that he has a big contract bonus they'd need to pay him before the 2006 season. But it depends on how he does this season I would think.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby loosechange75 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:35 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:Remember, that fat contract wasn't enough to feed his family. How's he gonna feed them if he is unemployed? Like athlete's foot, he gets under your skin and he'll be back.

agreed the eagles r just going to let him sit there for the next 6 years if they have to TO has to come back some time
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk