TO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

TO

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:59 pm

defianthart wrote:ive seen vick play ever since high school, the guy can throw.


Correction, he can throw, he's got a cannon of an arm, but he can't throw accurately. He makes too many throws that are not close to catchable for his WRs.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby blitz » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:58 pm

trust me t.o. is going nowhere!!! back 2 the super bowl is where he is going, as an EAGLE.
blitz
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 39
Joined: 31 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: philly

Postby loosechange75 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:37 pm

blitz wrote:trust me t.o. is going nowhere!!! back 2 the super bowl is where he is going, as an EAGLE.


couldnt of said it better my self
Image
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 708
Joined: 4 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:41 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Since its pure specualtion anyway... Why not in DET that sure would be fun to see.

I'm not sure TO would be to wild about having bricks thrown at him. ;o)
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1942
Joined: 5 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:42 pm

maddog60 wrote:
defianthart wrote:ive seen vick play ever since high school, the guy can throw.


Correction, he can throw, he's got a cannon of an arm, but he can't throw accurately. He makes too many throws that are not close to catchable for his WRs.

He did good in the Pro Bowl. Perhaps if he had a talented WR whos first name isn't Peerless and who's last name isn't Price, Then he could actually get a few passing TDs.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1942
Joined: 5 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:45 pm

TheDiplomats wrote:He did good in the Pro Bowl.


And everyone knows the Pro Bowl is a joke. There's no incentive for players to play full-out and risk injury, and a half-hearted game, and its clearly evident by the lack of ratings, and the poor defensive play exhibited on a yearly basis. Its even more of a joke when it allows QBs who put up Quincy Carter type numbers into the game.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:55 pm

maddog60 wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:He did good in the Pro Bowl.


And everyone knows the Pro Bowl is a joke. There's no incentive for players to play full-out and risk injury, and a half-hearted game, and its clearly evident by the lack of ratings, and the poor defensive play exhibited on a yearly basis. Its even more of a joke when it allows QBs who put up Quincy Carter type numbers into the game.

I was just saying..I know it's a joke..But saying that he is extremely inaccurate is an inaccurate statement. ;o) Now if it was Joey Harrington, Then I would have to agree.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1942
Joined: 5 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:17 pm

maddog60 wrote:
defianthart wrote:
jhoefen wrote:Atlanta!! It's his home town and he's already mentioned he'd like to play there.


i would love to see TO in atlanta so vick can actually have someone to throw to but i dunno if hed like to take the back seat to vick, who will be the #1 guy in a-town as long as hes there.


TO's said repeatedly when the 40ers had him, he wanted a QB who could make him look even better. Vick can't throw as is, he's the last QB TO would want.

Besides, talking about TO on Atlanta, or Minny, or any other good NFC team is nonsense. The Eagles would sit him for the year and let him hold out, rather than give a team that could face them in the playoffs a weapon like TO.


But what comes first Maddog, the chicken or the egg. McNabb has a career completion % currently of 58.3%, bolstered largely by last years personal best 64%, nearly 6% points higher than any previous season. I don't think McNabb had the tag as the QB that would be most likely to make TO better. Perhaps Vick's stats would rise at the same rate or greater with TO.
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:15 pm

MadScott wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
defianthart wrote:
jhoefen wrote:Atlanta!! It's his home town and he's already mentioned he'd like to play there.


i would love to see TO in atlanta so vick can actually have someone to throw to but i dunno if hed like to take the back seat to vick, who will be the #1 guy in a-town as long as hes there.


TO's said repeatedly when the 40ers had him, he wanted a QB who could make him look even better. Vick can't throw as is, he's the last QB TO would want.

Besides, talking about TO on Atlanta, or Minny, or any other good NFC team is nonsense. The Eagles would sit him for the year and let him hold out, rather than give a team that could face them in the playoffs a weapon like TO.


But what comes first Maddog, the chicken or the egg. McNabb has a career completion % currently of 58.3%, bolstered largely by last years personal best 64%, nearly 6% points higher than any previous season. I don't think McNabb had the tag as the QB that would be most likely to make TO better. Perhaps Vick's stats would rise at the same rate or greater with TO.


This thread isn't about the QBs, but if you'd really like to debate whether or not Vick would be as good as McNabb with TO on his team, or McNabb's success was all due to TO, I'd gladly argue the facts with you.

The only reason I originally mentioned McNabb was in reference to TO's claim last off-season that he finally had a QB that could take advantage of his skills.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 9758
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:00 am

maddog60 wrote:
MadScott wrote:
maddog60 wrote:
defianthart wrote:
jhoefen wrote:Atlanta!! It's his home town and he's already mentioned he'd like to play there.


i would love to see TO in atlanta so vick can actually have someone to throw to but i dunno if hed like to take the back seat to vick, who will be the #1 guy in a-town as long as hes there.


TO's said repeatedly when the 40ers had him, he wanted a QB who could make him look even better. Vick can't throw as is, he's the last QB TO would want.

Besides, talking about TO on Atlanta, or Minny, or any other good NFC team is nonsense. The Eagles would sit him for the year and let him hold out, rather than give a team that could face them in the playoffs a weapon like TO.


But what comes first Maddog, the chicken or the egg. McNabb has a career completion % currently of 58.3%, bolstered largely by last years personal best 64%, nearly 6% points higher than any previous season. I don't think McNabb had the tag as the QB that would be most likely to make TO better. Perhaps Vick's stats would rise at the same rate or greater with TO.


This thread isn't about the QBs, but if you'd really like to debate whether or not Vick would be as good as McNabb with TO on his team, or McNabb's success was all due to TO, I'd gladly argue the facts with you.

The only reason I originally mentioned McNabb was in reference to TO's claim last off-season that he finally had a QB that could take advantage of his skills.

Sorry if this came off as a dig Maddog, it wasn't my intention. I brought this up in context of TO really. I mean it is possible that TO did make his QB better right, rather than vice versa? Point simply is, perhaps the same would occur with Vick. ;-D
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 14:01 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact