Jamal Lewis - What's his status - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jamal Lewis - What's his status

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:21 pm

loosechange75 wrote:i just dont know right now
I concur with this post. If the reports say he is doing well and can play well I can see him top 10. But there are some many new comers and oldies that are running and juking their way into the top 10 and top 5! I think it's a hard descion. I am gunna avoid him unless it's a real steal! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RayVins » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:26 am

Kensat30 wrote:Jamal Lewis has finished 1 season out of 5 in the top10 RBs. What does it matter if his ankle is fully healed yet or if he is in good shape after spending a few months in prison, he is obviously a top5 RB this season.

how is jamal lewis not top 5?

way to skew the stats too. one of his five years he sat our with the knee injury.

every other year he had 1000 yard season. for every game start he has had, jamal lewis has averaged 100+ years (which not many RBs can say they have done over the past 5 years).

the man is averaging 1440+ yards per season (excluding the one knee injury season) right now. undeniable.

now the icing on the cake and what truly makes him a top 5 RB for this season is that he constantly faces 8-9 man fronts with regularity coupled with the worst pass attack over the past 5 years. if all this doesnt make him a top five RB, then i dont know what constitutes one...

you better not be one of those guys who thinks willis mcgahee is a top 5 RB, if you are then anything you say and your reputation is now discounted...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:00 am

As a #1 RB

i expect 14-1600 yards with 13-15 TDs

thats all i care about.

He hasn't really been able to work out with the team. Hopefully those preseason games on NFL Network will let us really see the shape he is in.

I fully expect him to play up to #1 RB quality.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:25 am

Even though he was hurt last year, I heard hes in great shape now, and prison hasn't affected him much. I figure hes a very solid #1 as long as he avoids injuries.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby chaindog35 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:00 am

the only knock on jamal is that he doesn't work as a wr out of the backfield very much.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:10 am

RayVins wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Jamal Lewis has finished 1 season out of 5 in the top10 RBs. What does it matter if his ankle is fully healed yet or if he is in good shape after spending a few months in prison, he is obviously a top5 RB this season.

how is jamal lewis not top 5?

way to skew the stats too. one of his five years he sat our with the knee injury.

every other year he had 1000 yard season. for every game start he has had, jamal lewis has averaged 100+ years (which not many RBs can say they have done over the past 5 years).

the man is averaging 1440+ yards per season (excluding the one knee injury season) right now. undeniable.

now the icing on the cake and what truly makes him a top 5 RB for this season is that he constantly faces 8-9 man fronts with regularity coupled with the worst pass attack over the past 5 years. if all this doesnt make him a top five RB, then i dont know what constitutes one...

you better not be one of those guys who thinks willis mcgahee is a top 5 RB, if you are then anything you say and your reputation is now discounted...

Only three players have averaged 100 yds per game over the last three seasons: Priest Holmes, Clinton Portis and Jamal Lewis.
Averaging 100 yds per game warrants top 5 consideration in my book. I know I'm gonna hear it because I dog Portis alot, but hey, it's about projections, not the past. Two guys on that list should end the year top five.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby UNDEFEATED » Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:46 am

chaindog35 wrote:the only knock on jamal is that he doesn't work as a wr out of the backfield very much.

him and Dillon and Rudi...to name a couple Bengals...Chaindog.
Image Help me earn my Cafe Helper Blinking Ambulance stripes. If you want off the wall thorough answers to your team questions...Hit me up. PM me a link. See you around.
UNDEFEATED
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dhp4eva » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:29 pm

this guy should explode with the motive from jail
dhp4eva
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous