1st Tier vs 2nd Tier vs 3rd Tier, etc - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

1st Tier vs 2nd Tier vs 3rd Tier, etc

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby noyz » Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:36 pm

I agree that Yahoo scoring sucks. However, if Manning averages 100 points a game then C-Pepp would average 98 Mcnabb 93 and so on. This is a good post but please divide up the points by position and see where the biggest drop off is. Then you have to compare that to overall draft position to see who has the most value where.

For example, let's say you have the first overall pick in a 12 team draft. What would be the difference between the 1st overall QB to the 24th overall QB considering that everyone drafts a QB. Then compare the 1st overall Rb to the 24th RB considering all RBs are taken. This is only a drastic comparison. There is no way 24 RB or 24 QBs will be taken in a roll but I am just giving a quick example while at work.
noyz
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:47 pm

noyz wrote:I agree that Yahoo scoring sucks. However, if Manning averages 100 points a game then C-Pepp would average 98 Mcnabb 93 and so on. This is a good post but please divide up the points by position and see where the biggest drop off is. Then you have to compare that to overall draft position to see who has the most value where.

For example, let's say you have the first overall pick in a 12 team draft. What would be the difference between the 1st overall QB to the 24th overall QB considering that everyone drafts a QB. Then compare the 1st overall Rb to the 24th RB considering all RBs are taken. This is only a drastic comparison. There is no way 24 RB or 24 QBs will be taken in a roll but I am just giving a quick example while at work.

Uh, I did divide up the points by position to show where the biggest dropoffs occur - that was the whole point of my stats - I just didn't list every player in the top 30 at each position as that would have made for a very large post that no one would bother reading - I felt by dividing each position into groups of 5 would make it more managable while still giving an accurate guage. For example, you know that RB's #6-11 averaged 8.5 pts/game while RB"s #12-15 averaged 7.0
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:21 pm

dream_017 wrote:I agree that you can not go totally based on tiers, you have to look at scarcity as noys mentioned. There are 32 starting QBs with probably around 28-30 knowing they are staring the whole season unless they get hurt. Most leagues also only start 1 QB, there is more than enough to go around. The RBs are a different scenerio all together, most leagues have to start 2, if you are in a 10 or 12 team league that is 20-24, there are more teams with a RBBC or injuries to have to deal with. I also agree that yahoo scoring sucks :-t

Exactly - and that's why I pointed that out at the end of my first post. Ya know in a 10 team league that starts 2 RB's that people are gonna want at least 3 RB's so there goes 30 RB's - on the other hand people only need 1 QB and don't usually place much importance on a backup QB so ya know that even later in the draft you're still gonna get a to 10 QB.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to Football Talk