So I met Richard Simmons today...... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

So I met Richard Simmons today......

Moderator: Football Moderators

So I met Richard Simmons today......

Postby deftdelivery » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:48 am

Yes, the fitness guru from the late eighties...I met the crazy son of a b*tch today, and lived to tell about it.

This is gonna be a pretty long story, perhaps I'll highlight the big stuff in bold for ya.

So I get a call a couple days ago from a guy I worked with in video production, and he tells me I can come with him to the tiny town of Forest City, NC to be a production assistant for some video work. Seeing as to how I get paid $15 an hr, I couldn't pass it up.

So today around noon we show up to this hotel and start prepping it for an interview. I'm the PA, so I'm basically everyone's b*tch, and I make sure to pick up whatever people need from restaurants/Wal-Mart. When I get back, the room is fully prepped and I have no idea who is coming or really what is going on.

So I ask around, and my employer tells me Richard Simmons is coming to surprise this lady that lost over 200 lbs thanks to his exercise videos. I hear of plans to "ambush" the lady giving an aerobics class at her church with a film crew capturing Psycho Simmons rushing in and meeting this lady. Then we're filming an interview between the two.

So 6 o'clock rolls around and we arrive at the church, ready to "ambush" this woman. We get into position, and rush in as Richard Simmons, decked out in his usual shorter-than-boxers shorts and glittery tanktop runs in and about gives this woman a heart attack. He goes on and on about fitness BS and eventually tells her that she's going to Hollywood to be on her show. The people go crazy, Richard is already crazy, and I'm going crazy from making sure everyone has signed a release form to be on TV.

Once we get that crap out of the way, we head back to the hotel to finish setting up the interview. This is when I meet the insane son of a gun. I'm sitting in the hotel lobby, and he walks inside in a blaze of glory, greeting everyone as quickly as possible in a hurricane of eccentricity. He gives out hugs to two dudes, so I'm thinking oh boy here comes a hug

No.

He gets to me. Asks me to stand up. And remarks on how I could eat anything I wanted without ever gaining weight. He then proceeds to say, "people like this go straight to hell."

And he walks away.

So basically, I met Richard Simmons and instead of getting a courteous handshake or an over-excited hug, he told me I'm going straight to hell.

The man was absolutely insane. He busted out singing every 10 minutes...mostly crap I've never heard of, but eventually he started singing and dancing to Madonna's "Touched Like A Virgin".....wow. I've never been more scared in my life.

Actually, though, come to think of it, when I was alone in 1 of the hotel rooms with him working on his cue cards, I think I was fearing for my life pretty heavily as well. The man told me I'd have to re-do all of them because I didn't write with the fat part of the marker. :-b

Wait, that's not funny. That's friggan PSYCHOTIC :-#

After picking up Chili's for the fitness guru, I was finally on my way out of Forest City, NC. I'm glad to say I survived the Richard Simmons experience. Although I'm going to hell, according to him.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:16 am

Its funny to know that he is just as wild(if not more so) behind the scenes as he is in real life. Even if you're going to hell, you could you always tell people you've met Richard Simmons now. ;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Homeless » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:17 am

LOL, just be glad he didnt hit on you :-b

Funny story, thanks for sharing deft ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:18 am

Deft, you may not be the only one going to hell. There HAS to be something in the Bible about dudes that wear shorts that short. :-b

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:47 am

Richard should probably read the part in the Bible about judging people...
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:45 am

Yep..That's a funny story man...If he didn't hit on you or touch you, I would say you came out ahead. :-)

My brother does some PR work for Buick (ie doing golf commercials with Tiger) and they were in Florida getting ready to go on some ride. My brother said something like 'hey are you all sure we should go on this?' Tiger came back with 'come on dude, don't be such a [insert cat name here]. Nice. So he took a shot from a celebrity too. Haha.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: So I met Richard Simmons today......

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:34 am

deftdelivery wrote: I'm the PA, so I'm basically everyone's b*tch,

This is cool, you could title your post I was Richard Simmons b*tch! Good story.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:25 am

Just be glad you aren't fat THEN he would have hit on you.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:43 am

"Hey, aren't you Richard Simmons best friend.... Richard Simmons?"

(Another shameless family guy quote)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:46 am

lol good story