Fred Taylor comes clean...doesn't look good - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fred Taylor comes clean...doesn't look good

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:11 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:So will Toefield be the starter if Taylor won't make it for the start of the season (especially since Greg Jones is now a fullback :-t )?

They'll probably deal for Henry, but if they don't get him, then they'll try to make it with Toefield.

Anyone think that this could be a boost to Leftwich, Smith, and Williams' value?
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:44 pm

good to hear the truth about whats been going on with him.

id say with the progress he has made i wouldnt be surprised to see him ready to play by the opener, as long as he doesnt aggrivate it in the mean time by rushing himself back.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A2theIzzo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:48 pm

I dont think he'll play 1 game this season....
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby defianthart » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:58 pm

well he's supposed to starting cutting and doing a bit more than running over the next couple of weeks, thats when we'll have a good idea whether or not he'll be back for the opener
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby chaindog35 » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:43 pm

I played football in college and had the same injury - PCL & MCL tear. It's actually a rare occurence for players to tear the PCL and happens more frequently in car accidents. I actually have yet to have either of them fixed and player 2 years in college without a PCL and with a severly torn MCL. The main thing this injury does is destabilize your knee and make it much more likely to tear your ACL. Also, Rbs have to cut a ton and I'm sure Fred wouldn't have been able to on an unstable knee. The recovery time for this type of surgery is probably a little less than ACL surgery, but I would imagine it will take him some time to recover back to where he was. Several players have played without PCLs. John Elway for example played his entire career with a torn PCL. Most players tear both the MCL and ACL, such as Willis McGahee. I would imagine you'll see a similar recovery time with Fred, but it will take time for him to get comfortable playing with the repaired knee.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Previous

Return to Football Talk