Donald Driver - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Donald Driver

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TTTBone » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:38 pm

He's been top 10 WR two of the last three years, and you can throw out 2003's numbers, as he was injured much of the season.
Great value pick. If he stays healthy all year, he should easily be a top 15 WR, and perhaps again crack the top 10.
I'd draft him without hesitation, just a matter of how late you feel you can hold off on him in your draft before someone else snipes him.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby koffeeboy » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:56 pm

Driver is a solid # 2... especially the bigger the league is.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:38 pm

I'll draft Driver in the 5th round or later all day long.

With his QB and that defense, I can't see a scenario where Driver doesn't get a lot of targets unless he gets injured. He was able to convert 70+ passes for 1200+ yards and 9 TDs last year. And rarely does a WR have that kind of season and then falls to the middle rounds in drafts the following year. Maybe it had something to do with his high draft position in 2003 and subsequent injury. Then he fell of the face of the earth in 2004 drafts and people still have a hard time remembering what a promising WR Driver was/is. (*cough Charles Rogers ).
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Guru13 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:32 pm

Last year driver came up big in very important times, he wasnt the best every week, but in very key times, like last year in week (17 i wanna say?) against the vikings, he had like 170 yards and like 3 TDS, thats exactly when you need your WR3 to come up huge.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:19 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Last year driver came up big in very important times, he wasnt the best every week, but in very key times, like last year in week (17 i wanna say?) against the vikings, he had like 170 yards and like 3 TDS, thats exactly when you need your WR3 to come up huge.

You're speaking like he was a good #3 last year. He was the #10 wr last year. Unless you're playing in an 8 team league, He could have been somebody's #1 wr by the end of the year. Even in hindsight he's underrated. And by a packer backer no less.
I would probably consider the #10 wr a very good #2. And this year I expect basically the same numbers from him.And he can be easily had by about any draft pick in the 5th round! Great value. If Walker gets stupid and holds out too long. I look for Favre to throw more to Driver even when Walker is back. Adding a little possibility of upside to Driver.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby proKrastinate » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:32 am

not saying anything for either side of Driver ( negative or positive ) by why did he only have 52 receptions for 6xx yards and 2 tds in 03? I can't remember that far back. Could it be that the immergence of Walker gave driver some room to work? So if Walker holds out for an extended period of time are we looking at the '03 Driver?
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GMoney » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:08 am

Driver had a very serious neck injury that he was rehabbing... he missed alot of games and wasnt fully healthy for the games he did play.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Football Talk