McNabb better than Culpepper? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNabb better than Culpepper?

Moderator: Football Moderators

McNabb better than Culpepper?

Postby loosechange75 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:31 pm

If TO plays this year i have to give the edge to McNabb, Culpepper just lost the second best receiver in the game while McNabb still has the best receiver, u got to give the edge to McNabb. That is y in this years drafts i am picking McNabb in front of Culpepper

other opinions?
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:47 pm

Your sig suggests a little bias maybe? :-b

I still have Culpepper a bit ahead of McNabb, but not by much.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Culpepper

Postby kvnhbbrd » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:48 pm

McNabb will hit his average numbers this season, but I see Culpepper having a much better year.

With a new RB and Moss gone Culpepper will be able to look around and spread the ball out without worrying about a crybaby on the bench.

I see at least 30+ TD's this season from Culpepper.

I would take CUlpepper in front of McNabb all day everyday.
Good luck and high scores
kvnhbbrd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby whoseyourdaddy12 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:49 pm

only if TO plays for mcnabb id have mcnabb ahead of culpepper, but i really like pepper better
whoseyourdaddy12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby cooleyhigh » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:55 pm

I have McNabb ahead of Culpepper. Moss, not whatever QB has thrown him the ball made the Vikings an explosive offense for the last 7 years...

Jeff George, Randall Cunningham, Gus Frerotte, Brad Johnson... c'mon
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:02 pm

Culpepper's numbers were quite a bit better than McNabb's were last year, and that was with Moss missing 9 games. That's also McNabb's best year, and it still didn't contend with Culpepper's season despite Moss missing a chunk of the season.

It's a little early for McNabb > Culpepper IMHO.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:50 pm

bagobonez wrote:Culpepper's numbers were quite a bit better than McNabb's were last year, and that was with Moss missing 9 games. That's also McNabb's best year, and it still didn't contend with Culpepper's season despite Moss missing a chunk of the season.

It's a little early for McNabb > Culpepper IMHO.

Agreed.

Loosechange, I think Moss is better than TO anyway and like bonez said, McNabb had his best year and TO had a good one, so I don't really see anything that would point to them improving as a combo. Having the whole RB core back together with Buckhalter healthy probably won't help either. I don't think you really have a valid point other than being all over McNabb, no offense.

I still think Culpepper will be good without Moss 'cause he showed he could last year. I don't think Williamson will have as much as an impact as some think THIS year, but he should be a nice receiver for them in the future while Nate will do the job this year.

While McNabb is good, I still don't think I'm ready to put him over Daunte.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby maddog60 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:18 pm

Wow, I cant believe someone is actually making the argument that Culpeppers numbers will improve because he lost the best fantasy WR in the NFL. I suppose Kerry Collins numbers will go down.

While Moss was out last year for 9 games, McNabb also didn't play in the last two.

I would be happy with either QB, and at this point, its really a question of which one falls to you at the turn of 2nd/3rd round. A lot of times I'm still seeing Culpepper go mid to early 2nd, while McNabb's going early third. For value right now, McNabb is better, but I expect Culpepper to prove it wasn't all Moss this year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby davidmarver » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:44 pm

kanezfan11 wrote:Loosechange, I think Moss is better than TO anyway and like bonez said, McNabb had his best year and TO had a good one, so I don't really see anything that would point to them improving as a combo. Having the whole RB core back together with Buckhalter healthy probably won't help either. I don't think you really have a valid point other than being all over McNabb, no offense.

I agree that McNabb probably won't improve on his numbers last season, but the possibility still exists.
The biggest offensive problem that faced Philadelphia last year was the lack of a viable second reciever. Brian Westbrook became the outlet McNabb needed when Owens wasn't open or available on a play. Now with Ryan Moats, there will probably be more designed passes to Westbrook while they still have a good running choice behind the line of scrimmage to hand it off to. This is just an extra weapon now at McNabb's disposal. The Eagles also replaced Freddie Mitchell with Reggie Brown. Brown will definitely be a much more viable weapon than Fred-ex was last season. Now this is all speculative, but McNabb still could improve.
kanezfan11 wrote:I still think Culpepper will be good without Moss 'cause he showed he could last year. I don't think Williamson will have as much as an impact as some think THIS year, but he should be a nice receiver for them in the future while Nate will do the job this year.

Based on a 25/4, 10/6 scale.
<pre>
PASSING
On the season :549 attemps, 4717 yards, 39 TD = 8.59 yds/att. 294.8 yds/game. 2.44 TD/game. 21.55 FFBpts/game
With Moss playing :382 attemps, 3538 yards, 30 TD = 9.26 yds/att. 321.6 yds/game. 2.73 TD/game. 23.78 FFBpts/game
Without Moss :167 attemps, 1179 yards, 9 TD = 7.06 yds/att. 235.8 yds/game. 1.80 TD/game. 16.63 FFBpts/game

RUSHING
On the season :89 carries, 406 yards, 2 TD - 4.56 yds/carry. 25.38 yds/game. 0.125 TD/game. 3.288 FFBpts/game
With Moss playing :62 carries, 289 yards, 2 TD - 4.66 yds/carry. 26.27 yds/game. 0.182 TD/game. 3.719 FFBpts/game
Without Moss :27 carries, 117 yards, 0 TD - 4.33 yds/carry. 23.40 yds/game. 0.000 TD/game. 2.340 FFBpts/game

FINAL FFB VALUES:
On the season : 24.84 FFBpts/game.
With Moss playing : 27.50 FFBpts/game.
Without Moss : 18.97 FFBpts/game.
</pre>
Now try telling me he proved it last season. Granted Moss missed time the same time that Kleinsasser, etc. did, but it's still certainly noteworthy.
To me, Culpepper and McNabb are both big risks this season. McNabb has only had one top-three fantasy finish, last season, and before that he had back-to-back finishes at number thirteen. Culpepper is losing Moss, so his stock is going to take a hit. With the depth that there is at QB this year, I wouldn't take a stab at one of these two early.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A2theIzzo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:25 pm

Im acually thinking Mcnabb has a slightly better year than Culpepper. Im saying this supposing T.O. will play. ;-D
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk