McNabb better than Culpepper? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

McNabb better than Culpepper?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby hayesb26 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:51 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
bagobonez wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I doubt Ill have either on my teams this yr unless I can get McNabb at the end of the 3rd - early 4th.

I think McNabb has room to improve while Cpepps stats will decrease across the board.

I don't really see how McNabb has room to improve. He had a career year last year, and his team was arguably the 2nd best in the NFL. If anything, the only place he has to go is back down. He has peaked.

CPepp had a career yr too.

You have to take into consideration the situation around each player. McNabb gets one of the best WRs in the NFL and his stats spike. I expect him to continue at the least - if TO stays healthy all yr it could be even better. Cpepp on the other hand has to show he can put up career numbers all yr without Moss in order to maintain his value.

Exactly.

This is why, I too, like McNabb over CPepp this season. Losing Randy Moss, whether you like to admit or or not, will be a huge blow to his fantasy success. As long as TO plays, McNabb should put up numbers at least equal to his from last season.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JohnnyUnitas » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:13 pm

I'd rank Culpepper slightly higher than McNabb. But I'm pretty sure I won't end up with either one on my fantasy-team because there's always a couple of idiots who take these guys way too early in the first or early in the second round. :-B
JohnnyUnitas
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:13 am

mcnabb has peaked?

keep drinking the kool aid -- he is still young and the team is getting better and better. He is in a complicated offense and finally showed mastery of it.

in fantasy, I still like daunte over mcnabb -- real life, im not sure this is an issue.

but losing moss certianly ain't going to help.

And yes, mcnabb was crushing in 02 before he went down. he crushed last year and missed two games, in part because they crushed so bad.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Re: McNabb better than Culpepper?

Postby Tiki » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:25 am

loosechange75 wrote:If TO plays this year i have to give the edge to McNabb, Culpepper just lost the second best receiver in the game while McNabb still has the best receiver, u got to give the edge to McNabb. That is y in this years drafts i am picking McNabb in front of Culpepper

other opinions?
So who are you saying is the best WR? TO or Moss? I think Moss is better cause his tude better then TO's and he has raw talent.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PSU All Day » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:38 pm

I like McNabb this year over Culpepper for a couple of reasons:

1. I expect that Minn D will be improved which will reduce the need for shoot outs. This may change though if Bennett gets hurt (would limit the running game).

2. Moss out of Minn offense will be an issue. Look for less TD's from receivers and more from RB's.

3. Philly offense may well improve this year with TO and McNabb having a second year and R Brown actually being a threat vs Fred Ex.

Only things I worry about with McNabb is that Philly's D will be better than last year which would limit touches though Philly is a pass first attack so that shouldn't be a big issue. Other issue is they might clinch home field by week 10 and rest all of their players down the stretch.
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:44 pm

having a good d can help too, as it gives you more possesions and a shorter field.

I think culpepper will be alright. Although, given the unknowns -- it is conjecture who will be superior.

One thing hasn't been discussed is culpeppers fumbling propensities.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:46 pm

PSU All Day wrote:I like McNabb this year over Culpepper for a couple of reasons:

1. I expect that Minn D will be improved which will reduce the need for shoot outs. This may change though if Bennett gets hurt (would limit the running game).

2. Moss out of Minn offense will be an issue. Look for less TD's from receivers and more from RB's.

3. Philly offense may well improve this year with TO and McNabb having a second year and R Brown actually being a threat vs Fred Ex.

Only things I worry about with McNabb is that Philly's D will be better than last year which would limit touches though Philly is a pass first attack so that shouldn't be a big issue. Other issue is they might clinch home field by week 10 and rest all of their players down the stretch.

I like this post, however, that's just the homer in my speaking.

On a serious note, I do think you touch on the major worry with drafting McNabb, or even TO or Westbrook. Philly's dominance of the NFC. Last year it was a killer that during the playoff weeks for fantasy owners of those three, and it could happen again this year. Its less likely that Culpepper sits than it is McNabb sits.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby loosechange75 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:49 pm

maddog60 wrote:
PSU All Day wrote:I like McNabb this year over Culpepper for a couple of reasons:

I like this post, however, that's just the homer in my speaking.

On a serious note, I do think you touch on the major worry with drafting McNabb, or even TO or Westbrook. Philly's dominance of the NFC. Last year it was a killer that during the playoff weeks for fantasy owners of those three, and it could happen again this year. Its less likely that Culpepper sits than it is McNabb sits.

i agree here that is why i am planing on like week 12 or 13 right before the deadline to give up both McNabb and TO to people fighting to make the playoffs and try to get some people who will play, all depends on the situation though the eagles record and what place i am in
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: McNabb better than Culpepper?

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:42 am

Tiki wrote:So who are you saying is the best WR? TO or Moss? I think Moss is better cause his tude better then TO's and he has raw talent.

That has got to be the first time in the history of the known world that Randy Moss was cited as having a "better 'tude" than anybody....

One thing to consider in McNabb v Culpepper - McNabb didn't play in the last few games of last year - including a short series in Week 16 (where most leagues have their finals) which could be a factor in your choice if you think it might happen again this year...
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:16 am

I think you homers predicting a 7 game spread in the NFC East again are drunk. :-S

It'll be a much closer race and McNabb isnt going to take the last 2 games off this yr.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk